THunder Exhaust full system install on an 08 Brutale "I am stuck" HELP!!SOS - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
THunder Exhaust full system install on an 08 Brutale "I am stuck" HELP!!SOS

So I just bought the Full thunder Shorty system and I can't get the 2 screws off by the midpipe (the one to the right of the kick stand, and the other under the brake.) I tried everything !!, WD 40, needle nose pliers, the allen is just free spinning. I already kind of ripped the rubber a little on one side and just stopped..Does it screw off, or do you have to man handle it? What is the trick!!?? Is there a magic tool? OF course My tech is in Ireland for a week, called two service places in Cali, and one guy tried to tell me there was a bolt behind it (Pretty Scary if ya ask me).. Can Anyone help??

Thanks

Alex

Last edited by FInallygotmyMVbrutale; 09-02-2010 at 07:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 07:03 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Did you try putting a wrench on the nut on the other side of the socket head cap screw?

Welcome aboard.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
I don't see the nut to me it looks like a pin i shoved metric wrenches back there and it don't feel the nut or see it on the other side.. Motivation has a how to on there site and they don't mention it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 07:27 PM

Mine has a hex for an allen key on the inside & outside, same has the rubber mounting point on the cans.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 07:28 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
I'm pretty sure the socket head cap screw going through the aluminum bracket attached to the mid frame plate behind the rear brake lever has a 10mm nut.

But I could be mistaken.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 11:23 PM
Established Member

Exhaust hangers

Sorry, I do not have a spares list for your model. I can only surmize as to the construction on your bike.

Operating from the perspective "The leopard does not change his spots", I'd look at the attached photo from my 1090, it may be like your bike.

The "nut" is rubber mouned and "hangs" from the frame, supporting the exhaust. Remove the bolt, IE the central pin, by holding the "nut". The nut will remain attached to the frame, the bolt will extract, and the exhaust will fall.

Your bike may look different, and may not have parts exactly as shown in the photo.

On my bike, the stock exhaust has been removed and that is why you are seeing a "naked" hanger.

Best wishes,
Dick
Attached Images

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 09:08 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
What he said...must hold outer portion that central pin is threaded into. There are flats for a wrench.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
Thanks guys, Problemo Solved!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode