eMoto Hugger, Windscreen and SW Motech Tankbag Installed! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 12:35 AM Thread Starter

eMoto Hugger, Windscreen and SW Motech Tankbag Installed!

Phew! All the stuff came in while I was on vacation and tonight was the first night I could mess with the bike! Wahoo! Here are pics of what I've installed so far. Still to come: sliders, sliders, sliders, tail light kit, and new aluminum billet turn signals for the front....
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 12:42 AM Thread Starter

Ps

Forgot to mention, had some trouble with the hugger. It is in contact with the exhaust, but not when I sit on the bike. I have been in touch with e-Moto and expect to hear from them tomorrow. Windscreen was easy, SW Motech bag a little tricky and a little big, but after losing the pillion seat opted for a larger tank bag since I won't trust anything on the back.

Vacation back east was great. Ran the Virginia Beach half marathon, visited friends (their kids in the pic), then drove to Connecticut to visit family. Somehow, I couldn't help routing the trip there to visit Bobs BMW and Fast by Ferracci! Here are those pics!!!! Oh yeah, then ran into a Triumph car show while at a church picnic. Fun little escape.
Attached Images

post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 12:53 AM
Formerly WYD OPN

Very nice pics. Wondered where you'd been for awhile. Sounds like you're ready for some RYD TYM... er, RIDE TIME.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 04:38 AM

I had tha same problem you have with the hugger. I recomend you not to use it until you get an answer from emotouk. I know what I'm talking about. Mine totalily bended becouse of the high temperature contact. I had to send it back to them to modify the shape of it. It was because I'm not too tall and I had my rear adjustment in the lowest possition, so it touched the exhaust. It took a 20 minutes ride to totally melt it. Anyway, Geoff and company are the best and they took care of it.
Hope you read this post before is too late.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 07:29 AM

Looks great!

Does the wind shield make a big difference or is it more for looks?
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERROMAN
I had tha same problem you have with the hugger. I recomend you not to use it until you get an answer from emotouk. I know what I'm talking about. Mine totalily bended becouse of the high temperature contact. I had to send it back to them to modify the shape of it. It was because I'm not too tall and I had my rear adjustment in the lowest possition, so it touched the exhaust. It took a 20 minutes ride to totally melt it. Anyway, Geoff and company are the best and they took care of it.
Hope you read this post before is too late.
Yep, same problem with mine, but it actually only slightly melted the part that was touching the exhaust. So now it doesn't touch any more and you can't see that part of it anyway. I know it is an expensive piece, but I just lived with it.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anucci
Yep, same problem with mine, but it actually only slightly melted the part that was touching the exhaust. So now it doesn't touch any more and you can't see that part of it anyway. I know it is an expensive piece, but I just lived with it.

Tony, its Geoff. Has your Brutale also been lowered? please let me know.

FERROMAN's bike has been lowered, and thus melted part of the painted hugger, luckily we managed to save it, though we had to trim part of it off.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMoto UK
Tony, its Geoff. Has your Brutale also been lowered? please let me know.

FERROMAN's bike has been lowered, and thus melted part of the painted hugger, luckily we managed to save it, though we had to trim part of it off.
No it was not lowered. I also think AirFuel had the same problem, but not 100% sure. I think he fixed it by shimming it.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 916SPS
Looks great!

Does the wind shield make a big difference or is it more for looks?
I would also like to know the answer to this. It would be great if it offered some protection above 80mph.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 11:44 AM

I trimmed mine on the bench grinder.

John T
Certified Power Commander Tech.
Authorized Tuning Center/Dealer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode