Module/Dyno - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Module/Dyno

Hey, All,

Just a couple of questions. I haven't written in awhile, so if this seems scattered and verbose, I apologize.

1. I was informed by my dealer ProItalia in Glendale, CA that they do NOT perform dyno tests. Can anyone around here recommend a shop that would?

On that note, I was also told they don't usually install PC Commanders, which is something I just bought thinking I could get the dealer to create a custom map (and from everything I've read, would make my bike run better). Well, I don't think the techs are familiar with this because I was told they install something else, I guess similar to a PC Commander (he mentioned an exhaust gas meter). Lately, my bike has been pulsing between 1200rpm to 1400rpm on cold starts for about five minutes. The tech I spoke to claimed this bit of hiccupping is normal. He assumed I hadn't been in for my 600 miles tune-up. (I have 2200 miles so far on the odometer.) This is in NO WAY a badmouth to ProItalia because I've had nothing but great service from them. Everyone's friendly and competent and I've had no beef with anyone or any service they've performed. I guess I was a little surprised that a high-end place wouldn't be familiar with all of the toys bikers want to install to make bikes perform better. The last word I got was "we'll make it work". Doesn't that sound eerily like they have no clue and my bike will be worse off than before?

2. I got lots o' presents from my wife for the bike. (Ain't she a dear?) One was a Tom Tom GPS, as I am perpetually lost and the other was a "Back Off Light" (a gizmo that rhythmically pulses the rear light when the brakes are applied). Well, I was told that the module (?) that everything is hard-wired to doesn't have enough slots (?) to accommodate my three bits, these two and the PC Commander from the above eulogy. Anyone know if a larger module can be fitted or the existing module modified?

3. I was also informed again of the impending trick 2nd exhaust (for the 910R) arriving from Italy. I was trying to have all the parts done at once, especially the mapping with the new exhaust. I'm not sure, but I assume I'd have to have a new map (or dyno test) with the new exhaust, as I don't think anything will arrive in time for my scheduled oil change. Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallo Brutale
Hey, All,

Just a couple of questions. I haven't written in awhile, so if this seems scattered and verbose, I apologize.

1. I was informed by my dealer ProItalia in Glendale, CA that they do NOT perform dyno tests. Can anyone around here recommend a shop that would?
I'm surprised they don't, but then...there are probably enough other tuners around that they wouldn't be able to get away with charging $500 for a dyno run, so it's just not worth it to them. Also, I suspect the EPA might frown on a major dealer adjusting bikes away from legislated emissions standards.

Quote:
Lately, my bike has been pulsing between 1200rpm to 1400rpm on cold starts for about five minutes. The tech I spoke to claimed this bit of hiccupping is normal. He assumed I hadn't been in for my 600 miles tune-up. (I have 2200 miles so far on the odometer.) This is in NO WAY a badmouth to ProItalia because I've had nothing but great service from them. Everyone's friendly and competent and I've had no beef with anyone or any service they've performed. I guess I was a little surprised that a high-end place wouldn't be familiar with all of the toys bikers want to install to make bikes perform better. The last word I got was "we'll make it work". Doesn't that sound eerily like they have no clue and my bike will be worse off than before?
That sounds like something to do w/ the throttle bodies or a/f mixture. This should be covered under warranty and should be taken care of before you start messing w/ the PC, anyway.

Quote:
2. ...Anyone know if a larger module can be fitted or the existing module modified?
I have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote:
3. I was also informed again of the impending trick 2nd exhaust (for the 910R) arriving from Italy. I was trying to have all the parts done at once, especially the mapping with the new exhaust. I'm not sure, but I assume I'd have to have a new map (or dyno test) with the new exhaust, as I don't think anything will arrive in time for my scheduled oil change. Any thoughts?
Your exhaust may never arrive, and a PC map will certainly be better than the chip that comes w/ the exhaust you may never get...but at the price to map a PC I, personally, would wait.

Oh...the best dyno tuners in the L.A. "area" are:
http://www.landlmotorsports.com/

You could also try Moomba cyclesports in Temple City:
http://www.moombacyclesports.com/

If you go to Moomba tell Shawn that Hunter from LA Biker sent you. It probably won't save you any money, but at least he'll know I plugged his shop.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

From what I was told, everything you hard wire to the bike goes to the module (?), whatever that might be. I liken it to a multi-outlet for plugging in lots of appliances to one spot or at least that's the way this appears to me. When the tech spoke of "slots", I assumed he meant ports or harness points. Hell, even I don't know.

I spoke to eMoto and they told me there should be no problem attaching everything I mentioned. Then again, they seem to be a more sport performance-oriented business. I do agree that a dealer probably wouldn't want to get busted for tweaking EPA regulated machines.

I'll try the dyno shops you mentioned. Thanks again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode