Dyno run - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 01:24 AM Thread Starter

Dyno run

Hi all,

Took my 2006 Brutale 910s to Dudley (he is a legend!) Motorcycles at Wyong, (NSW Australia,) today and put her on the dyno.

It showed 123.7hp at the rear wheel and had a nice lineal power curve.

The only mod I have done is the Arrow midpipe to replace the cat.

I was pretty impressed to say the least!

I have ordered a BMC air filter to put in and thats about the only mod left to do. However, is it worth replacing the stock eprom?

I couldnt attached the dyno graph. The file is too large....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 02:29 AM

Hey Benno
When I took my F4 750 in for it's dyno I had a MV Corse chip in and this made the throttle ultra snappy. Could hardly ride the thing round town. Went back to the standard chip and it's a lot smoother. So if your happy with the way it's running I'd leave the chip alone. BTW my 750 got 122 at the wheel but of course different dyno's read differently.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 03:16 AM

I'm having Arrow mid-pipes, headers...and carbon slip-ons fitted in September, just in time for the MV get-together at Eastern Creek on Sat 2nd Oct. It will be interesting to compare dyno outputs.
M

Now riding KTM 1290SA; previously BMW K1200R, Brute 910R, Brute750S, BMWR1150GS, Honda VFR800, YamahaXJ650, Honda400/4, HondaCB360 and more
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 04:51 AM Thread Starter

True mate, diff dynos do read differently. Thats a very good power output from the F4 750 though!

I have already bought a MV Corse eprom from ebay. So will install with the new BMC filter and see how it performs...

Hey Mick,

What's the go with the MV get together at Eastern Creek?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benno View Post

Hey Mick,

What's the go with the MV get together at Eastern Creek?
Benno,
Check the threads under Event, Rides etc.
"Eastern Creek Ride Day" as well as "NSW Muster II"
See you at one of them hopefully.
Michel

Now riding KTM 1290SA; previously BMW K1200R, Brute 910R, Brute750S, BMWR1150GS, Honda VFR800, YamahaXJ650, Honda400/4, HondaCB360 and more
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 05:11 AM Thread Starter

Ok. Will do Mick!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 11:21 PM

Picked up the Brute from M Weaponry this morning. Arrow header, midpipe and ti cans fitted.
Dyno run shows 124.05hp (rear wheel) at 11,840rpm and max torque of 64.67 ft-lbs at 7,800rpm. That's about 12 more HP than before. Riding through the park this morning, seat-of-the-pants analysis was even more conclusive, with more get-up-and-go throughout the rev range.
With baffles out of the cans, the noise level is verging on painful (for the rider) and antisocial (for everyone else); I'm thinking about putting them back in.
MW reckon the throttle was noticeably jerkier post Arrow installation but it didn't seem too bad to me. They also said it was improving with usage, as though the standard ECU had gradual self correcting ability.

Given the PCIII doesn't work with the standard Euro3 ECU, I am seriously looking at the Microtech option to smooth out what roughness is left.

Last, the headlight glass nearly fell off while in the shop, so they resealed it in.
Cheers.

Michel

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-2010, 12:04 AM

133 rear wheel. arrow mid, thunder titanium, race ecu. FBF.

E d w a r d B4910s08

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Forum Introduction Thread)
2. Include your LOCATION in your profile: Tools > User CP > Your Profile > Edit Your details > Additional Information > Location
3. Include your BIKE MODEL/S in your signature: Tools > User CP > Settings & Options > Edit Signature
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-2010, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward View Post
133 rear wheel. arrow mid, thunder titanium, race ecu. FBF.
I understand dyno machines outcomes vary from one machine to the other, though perhaps not to that extent - 133 vs 124.
So, is the difference in the ECU or in the thunder vs twin cans? Or both?
M

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-2010, 12:15 AM

All 3 as far as I was told. BUT... FBF said 133 was unusual and I should just be happy as a clam to have such a number. Normally high is 129 if I remember correctly. I posted my chart long ago.

E d w a r d B4910s08

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Forum Introduction Thread)
2. Include your LOCATION in your profile: Tools > User CP > Your Profile > Edit Your details > Additional Information > Location
3. Include your BIKE MODEL/S in your signature: Tools > User CP > Settings & Options > Edit Signature

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode