Please help new owner with questions - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Send a message via AIM to spankee
Please help new owner with questions

i am now the proud new owner of a red 05 750s

So it came into the mc dealership i work at as a trade-in (only 300 miles on it!). I have always lusted after these bikes and i pretty much figgured they were made out of "unobtanium" when it came to the thought of ever owning one, let alone just riding one. but there it was right in front of me. I had to take it out for a ride (definately one of the good perks i get from working there ) and i fell in love with it. way different feel than my monster. i love the grunt of a twin, but this was reaaallly nice.

so my husband and friends spent the next day telling me all the reasons i should buy it: "great employee price. awesome bike-never gonna find one thats used with just 300 mi on it in beautiful condition", "you dont have to give up your ducati" you can ride it and sell it for more than you paid"...blah blah. but i was still really hesitant to pull the trigger. i was rationalizing why do i need 3 bikes? (have a dirt toy as well) my kid needs braces...ohh new furniture (lol) So i wrote off the idea and pretty much figgured it would be sold by the next time i went back to work.
I even emailed my boss (just to shut everyone up) and asked "hypothetically" mind you- what i could get it for.

So anyways my boss said it was sold, and i was a little bummed, but relieved that i got the chance to ride it and hopefully it would be out of the dealership so i wouldnt have to look at it and pine away thinking of it.

little did i know my husband was the one who bought it and surprised me with it as an anniversary/bday gift. awesome. i was totally power-owned. (although after he took a spin on it today. i think i may have to fight for the keys. maybe he just had an ulterior motive?

so im having a blast getting used to it and finishing up the remainder of the break in. i just put 300 mi on it in like 3 days the frequent trips to the gas station are a pain in the butt though.

ill be due for some service real soon, but i do have some questions id like to get info on:

i dont have posession of the owners manual yet, and i havent been able to figgure out a few things with the instrument panel.

1)How do you set the trip meter?

2)Where is the clock? how do you display/set it?

3) Frame sliders. I ordered the spool type ones for the rear axle (as the previous owner did not get the rear stand from the dealer) and the front frame ones from Motovation. are there any installation/quality issues i should be aware of?

4) i have read the thread on replacing the fuel line fittings. is this worth doing right away? there is a triumph dealer locally that i can get them from or should i just get the Omega ones?

5) I will probably at least do my own oil changes -do i definately need that tool? or the rear axle one?

6) is there a place online that descibes what each scheduled service entails? i was lucky enuf to snag the service manual pdfs off the web, so i will print them out.

finally, is there any other "need to know" info for a new owner or things i should look out for?

i know this is alot of stuff but thank you in advance for any info!!

Maire

Last edited by spankee; 09-13-2006 at 02:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 02:38 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
Welcome to the site! Be sure to get yourself in the registry with a lot of photos. Congrats on your Brutale. Does your husband ride?
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

yup.

he rides an 02 bmw r1150r "the couch"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 02:43 PM
Smile

Welcome Maire, scroll through the functions on the instruments with the starter button once the engine is running, Yes I know it sounds crazy but that's how it works

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

woops got one more ...does that choke lever do anything?

i assume you set it all the way to the right when cold starting? leave it there for a minute , then back it down? the idle speed does not seem to change at all from the 1200or so rpm. is this just an "enrichener?"

and thanx guys for the quick replies
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 04:44 PM

Most people never use the choke. You don't really need it on these bikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankee
woops got one more ...does that choke lever do anything?

i assume you set it all the way to the right when cold starting? leave it there for a minute , then back it down? the idle speed does not seem to change at all from the 1200or so rpm. is this just an "enrichener?"

and thanx guys for the quick replies
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 05:05 PM
Choke doesn't seem to do anything but holds it at idle rpms instead of bogging on a very cold day, I would assume.
When you've started the bike, push the starter to scroll the function you want, hold it down until that function starts to blink, then release and hold it down again to reset. Hope this helps.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 05:22 PM
Not very lucky..

This was written for spalding12 and his 910R, but most if not all your questions will be answered.....http://mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2552
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 05:45 PM

Are the 07's affected by the coolant leak issue?
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Guy
Are the 07's affected by the coolant leak issue?
Water pump or excess purged from the reservoir?

If you mean water pump - jury is still out but most likely not (as on all previous bikes it was a rarity but did happen)

If you mean purging the excess coolant from an overfilled reservoir, then most likely yes.

JamesC

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode