Close to a decision - The Gunna get a Brute version - MVAgusta.net
View Poll Results: What should i do????
You're a tightass, buy the 750 and keep all 3 bikes. 6 28.57%
You're a big tightass, Buy the 910R, sell the CBR1000 and pocket half the cash from the sale. 11 52.38%
You're a massive tightass, Buy the 750, sell the CBR1000 and pocket all the cash from the sale. 0 0%
Do nothing and create a thread that goes for 100+ pages 4 19.05%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

Close to a decision - The Gunna get a Brute version

I'm gunna get a Brute.

I was after a 750 because i wanted an engine you could rev but if i can get the right price on a 910R maybe i'll get one of those instead.

I've got the cash to buy however with renovations i can't justify blowing wads of cash on another bike when i could sink it into the house.

We already have a Ducati S4R and CBR1000 in the garage. So the poll is:
a) Buy the 750 and keep all 3 bikes.
b) Buy the 750, sell the CBR1000 and pocket all the cash from the sale.
c) Buy the 910R, sell the CBR1000 and pocket half the cash from the sale.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 09:24 PM

MMMMnnnnn, hard choice!
Personally i couldn't afford to keep 2 exotics in the shed, so being the duc & the Brute are in a similar league (forgetting the Twin) I'd keep the cbr for the mandane duties! Buy the 910R & sell the duc!
The 750 would not be a good enough replacement for the duc me thinks??
But hey what would i know
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Sell the house...you only need a garage anyway...spend the money in bikes, and a fridge full of ale.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Sell the house...you only need a garage anyway...spend the money in bikes, and a fridge full of ale.
Yeehh, wheres that option ?? i'm ticking that box!!!
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Mate, best idea yet, let me guess, your not married

I miss my Brutale 750. It was a great little bike, at the time, much cheaper than the 910R. But when I got the chance to ride the 910R, it well, did everything better. So I would buy the 910R over the 750, depending on price.
Sell the CBR, buy your Mrs a present, get some ARROW THUNDER pipes for the 910R.
Money thats left over, house fix, and definately a few drinks with your mates while you all stand around the bike telling each other how fast you used to be

Last edited by Rob_b; 08-10-2010 at 07:19 AM.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbackbiker View Post
MMMMnnnnn, hard choice!
Personally i couldn't afford to keep 2 exotics in the shed, so being the duc & the Brute are in a similar league (forgetting the Twin) I'd keep the cbr for the mandane duties! Buy the 910R & sell the duc!
The 750 would not be a good enough replacement for the duc me thinks??
But hey what would i know
The missus and i both ride so the bikes aren't just for me, the Brute is really her bike but it's such a sick bike i'll ride it when she isn't

The reason i go for the 750 is it still has 130hp (the same as my S4R) albeit it all top end. I want an inline 4 i can rev out. With the CBR it has 150hp and on the roads it's to much power for me. For a weekend thrasher i'm not to fussed about mid range grunt. If it was a commuter, then it'd be a whole different ball game.

Quote:
Can't sleep in the shed, 2 bikes + heaps of crap storing in there from us recently moving in 2 weeks ago. No heating in the shed either and it was 2c yesterday morning!
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 10:11 PM

Righto, that all makes sense, ditch the cbr then & go the 750 if you want a screamer, i think you will be dissappionted in the torque though compared to the S4R.
For a comparo i was going to sell on my old japanese ducati(modded SV1000) when i bought the 910, but now i quite enjoy the low down grunt of the sv even though it's way down on HP compared to the Brute, but it's still way fun to ride wheelstand city!!
But can't go past the 910 for that top end high speed fix
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_b View Post
So I would buy the 910R over the 750, depending on price.
Sell the CBR, buy your Mrs a present, get some ARROW THENDER pipes for the 910R.
Money thats left over, house fix, and definately a few drinks with your mates while you all stand around the bike telling each other how fast you used to be
At this stage the dealer selling the 910R came down only very slightly slightly and it's not enough to make me jump on a plane and fly there.

I'm planning to check out the 750 this week and see what the dealer will do on price. I think it'll come down to whatever dealer gives me a deal i can't refuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbackbiker View Post
Yeehh, wheres that option ?? i'm ticking that box!!!
Can't edit the poll options, Aaarrgghhh!!
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 04:39 AM

Buy 910R. Much better bike. And you can still rev it, but than again, if you rev 750 you will be fast on the road. If you rev 910R on the road, you will be frigthenly fast.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 06:53 AM

Buy the 910R, Sell the CBR1000 and put some of the cash from that in to your house renovations. You'll feel better about offsetting a depreciating toy with the an appreciating one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode