Authenticity - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

Authenticity

I know a few of you have bought parts for the 1090 and some may know that I have been having a few probs, but they have finally turned up. I am a little unsure about the authenticity of these parts and was interested to see what some of your thoughts were.

-I have bought the rear seat replacement and it has not turned up with longer bolts to attach the fitting piece to the bottom, is this usual?

-I have also bought the carbon fibre rear hugger/fender and there is nothing on it to say that it is MV Agusta Corse other than having MV Agusta on the sticker of the crapy bubble wrap that it came in?

All thoughts are greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 05:18 PM

I think your skepticism should be proportional to the reputation of the shop you bought the stuff from. If it was a site sponsor, I would say you're probably in good shape.

I haven't bought any parts for mine yet since I like it just the way it is

The hugger thing on the MV website says it has the logo pressed into it and that it is hand painted, although who knows if that means a clear coat or the logo: http://www.mvagusta.it/common/shop/s...o-brutale-2010

The seat thing doesn't say anything about what's provided.

Good luck!

------------------------------
The journey is the reward
Brutale 1090, Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 08:03 PM

Beany, if you don't mind me asking...how much did you pay for the cf hugger?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
The MV Corse stuff has a MV Corse label and part number embedded in the carbon under the clear coat on the under (non-visible side)...at least it used to.....mine does.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010, 03:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtedeschi View Post
Beany, if you don't mind me asking...how much did you pay for the cf hugger?
I have been quoted 222 GBP for the seat cover and 171 GBP for the rear hugger when i ordered them. I have not paid for them yet and have no bind to do so. I prchased them from my local dealer who has got them from Moto GB in the UK.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 10:20 AM
Established Member

If your hugger hasn't got the MV Corse logo embossed into it then it is not genuine.
Where did you buy the parts from?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 11:15 AM Thread Starter

It came from Moto GB in the uk who are the registered supplier for the UK, I got this through my local dealer who would not try to pull a fast one.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 12:22 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beany View Post
It came from Moto GB in the uk who are the registered supplier for the UK, I got this through my local dealer who would not try to pull a fast one.
Most MV dealers are good however there are always the exceptions, I could name one in Doncaster straight away.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flushman View Post
Most MV dealers are good however there are always the exceptions, I could name one in Doncaster straight away.
I think I have got a rear hugger from MV Agusta and not MV Agusta Corse that may have well been maid by anyone as a sub contract. Any thoughts?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 04:54 PM
Established Member

Its possible. Take a look in my album and you can zoom in on the MV Corse hugger that I have fitted, you cant see it but on the top at the rear it has MV Corse stamped into the carbon.

If your hugger looks like that and your happy with the fit I would'nt worry about it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode