Lights out!! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 03:16 AM Thread Starter

Lights out!!

enjoying a nice putt on my 06 brutale going threw the gears and then nothing NO POWER and at night that means NO LIGHTS!!! has this happened to anyone?I mean I am just rolling the throttle back going threw the gears and then nothing,has this or does this happen to anyone on their 06ish brutale??? Thanks for any help!!! RONDO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 10:08 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Not to me....welcome to the forum by the way.

Did the power come back? Sounds like main fuse blew...or the battery cable fell off.!!

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 09:10 PM

New Site Garage
Welcome Rondo - as per Ed's post, we need some more data to help you out brother....happended once only? did it re-start without input? or is it dead in the water? Did you put a new batter in recently? etc any other symptoms?

Cheers

Tim
Current
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 910R - Track Bike
Harley-Davidson Street Glide Rushmore
Harley-Davidson Road Glide Rushmore

Past
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 990R LE Anniversary Edition #81/150
MV Agusta Brutale 750s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Established Member

I know this is a bit different symptom but mine was sitting in the house (where I keep it) and the lights turned ON! Out of nowhere...the key was in the off position and it did it three times!! Scared the hell out of me. Any ideas? I eventually put it in the lock position and it quit.

1989 Feber/Honda CS 6 Volt, 1.5mA
1972 Motomorni 50cc
2004 Kawasaki Ex 250
1997 Kawasaki ZX6R
2001 Kawasaki ZX6R
2006 Yamaha R6s
2004 MV Agusta Brutale Oro

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 10:16 PM

New Site Garage
Hi Jetta' ,
I personally believe "random" electronic gremlins are indications that the SPU (Service power unit) may be on its way out (requiring replacement). However, I would also recommend doing the basic checks first ...fuses - connections, cable tracing just to confirm there isn't any obvious initial causes (e.g. Shorting, blown fuses etc.)

As stated quite a few times in the forum, the pre-07/08 models have tended to be more prone to this than the later models and once the SPU has been replaced....I'm yet to hear of a recurrence.

Cheers

Tim
Current
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 910R - Track Bike
Harley-Davidson Street Glide Rushmore
Harley-Davidson Road Glide Rushmore

Past
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 990R LE Anniversary Edition #81/150
MV Agusta Brutale 750s
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 01:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Not to me....welcome to the forum by the way.

Did the power come back? Sounds like main fuse blew...or the battery cable fell off.!!
Hey esq'z me thanks for responding!!Yes the bike fires right up,runs great but it just dies and as i mentioned before at night that means the lights go out and going into a turn in the dark %#&* well i hit the starter button pretty quick gettin pretty good to!!. Rondo
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 10:36 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Oh...engine stalling. Yeah, the light relays in the SPU turn off when the engine is not running.

You need to have that bike properly tuned. TPS, throttle synch, idle speed and CO% trim to solve the stalling.

JettaMedic...your SPU is taking a crap....get a new one. Your bike is under warranty, isn't it !!!! Call the dealer and tell him. Lights coming on by themselves or bike not turning off with key off are clear indicators of failing relays in the SPU. (By the way, some dealer people call it a CDI.....don't argue, just get the new one).

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode