Tank Cover/Bag?? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Tank Cover/Bag??

Anyone know of a good Tank Cover/Bag combo for the 910s that I can get in the U.S.?

I did a search for similar and saw a few including one sharp one with MV Agusta logos stitched into it on an earlier forum discussion from like 3-4 years ago. He said you could email e-motuk to see about getting one, but I'm guessing meant to say e-motouk? (emailed them asking already)

Does anyone utilize a tank cover/bag combo and any pictures with protector and bag on your bike?? Still trying to see if I want to throw a leather anything on my tank, even if it is to connect a bag for storage when I need it. I think I may pull the trigger if I can get one with the logos in it so it still looks like the tank..but don't know.

Thoughts, suggestions, advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 04:36 PM

Here you go "bagster" works well for protection & touring.
Attached Images

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thanks for the reply. It looks good!! ...better than I expected actually. Do you leave it on all the time or just do it when touring?

Any issues with the paint after install (long-term)?

06 910S Brutale
97 Ducati Monster 750 (sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVAbrute910 View Post
Thanks for the reply. It looks good!! ...better than I expected actually. Do you leave it on all the time or just do it when touring?

Any issues with the paint after install (long-term)?
Only put it on when touring ,so I can carry a bag, no issues with paint done about 6000klms in the last couple of months & no rubs, will let you in on a little secret to stop rubbing /scratching ... Make sure you wax the tank with a good canauba wax often!
Only other thing is the bag rubs on the fuel cap ,i run a small round piece of felt in the recess when the bags on & no problems.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 04:49 PM

I picked up the MV item with the base and the bag -

It doesn't cover the tank like the bagster. I haven't noticed any problems with the paint yet.

There are a couple more pics of it in my smugmug gallery for 2010 motorcycles.

------------------------------
The journey is the reward
Brutale 1090, Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 04:51 PM

Baglux Bagster, they are tip top. They will embrioder any logo onto the tank cover too, check out their website, based in French France mind you!

I will never do that again, again, again!

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

jeffk - MV item with the base and the bag - do you have a website for that item so I can check it out in more detail? Looks good!!!

bigfeesh : Reference baglux bagster - Can you send me the url where you found that they'll do embroider the tank cover? I saw an example on the website with the MV logos on it and loved it. Couldn't find where they found the cover with logos. You have info....???????

06 910S Brutale
97 Ducati Monster 750 (sold)
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 07:35 PM

Check out twisted throttle, they sell bags use the SW-Motech attachment system that attaches to the gas cap ring. Looks pretty cool.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 08:43 PM

That MV bag is at http://www.mvagusta.it/common/shop/s...ssori-generici

I have one of those quicklock tankbags on my Tiger with 12V power outlets in the bag - they're really nice and I had considered it but was concerned with the leverage a bag would have on a plastic tank when it was full of all the crap I carry around.

Plus, they're pretty expensive when you add it all up - the MV bag is around $200, which isn't bad at all.

------------------------------
The journey is the reward
Brutale 1090, Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE

Last edited by jeffk; 07-26-2010 at 08:46 PM.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 09:22 PM

I have the MV Agusta tank bag on the Brute (as Jeff will know, having earlier asked for feedback on it) and the Bagster tank cover and bag on the Beemer.
Both terrific pieces of equipment, but I just thought the look of the bagster wasn't right for the Brute...only personal opinion.

Now riding KTM 1290SA; previously BMW K1200R, Brute 910R, Brute750S, BMWR1150GS, Honda VFR800, YamahaXJ650, Honda400/4, HondaCB360 and more

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode