Brand New Brutale 1090 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Brand New Brutale 1090

Just picked it up at the dealer and rode it home. Just have a few questions....I have been told by another MV owner that the bike should have come with a rear stand and a cover. And I only got one key. What have been your experiences??

Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 05:21 PM

Welcome and Congrats!

But go back to your dealer and get your rear stand and other key. Only some come with covers, most don't.

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 07:50 PM

Here's the reply I received from MV USA. You're not going to like it. Especially when all of these items were included in the sale; 2009 and prior.

--------------------------------------

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please note that MV Agusta model year 2010 units do not come with the battery charger, stand, or cover included.

For additional information regarding our products, and to locate your nearest dealer, please visit us online at www.mvagustausa.com.

Thank you for your support of the MV Agusta brand.

Kind regards,
Gina

Gina Christian
[email protected]

MV AGUSTA USA LLC – North American Distributor for MV Agusta & Cagiva Motorcycles
2300 Maryland Road, Willow Grove, Pennsylvania 19090-1709 USA
Office Phone +1.215.830.3300 x 105 - Office Fax +1.215.830.3301
www.mvagustausa.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 07:54 PM

In short, I feel like they're sticking it to you. I'd recommend trying to get them included, even though you already picked up the bike. In the past (2009 and prior), there were some forum members who didn't get a stand or cover. The dealer tried to sell it to them. However, this was quickly remedied when the MV factory stated they were included with the bike since it all came in the crate. Not sure why they've done a 180 degree turn around on this. Would be kind of interesting to see what they're asking for these accessories now.

Last edited by LiquidWhy; 07-24-2010 at 07:55 PM. Reason: delete info
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 09:11 PM

Ok, I knew about the 2010's not coming with a stand, cover and battery charger, but 1 key? seriously?

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 09:27 PM
Established Member

Materials supplied with 1090RR Brutale

Mark: the bike should have been delivered with a 10 inch square black monogramed presentation package, approximately 2 inches thick, with laser cut foam pockets for the contents.

Contents in the presentation package are a MV Logo second key, pocket sized maintenance manual, pocket sized operators quick manual, an MV Agusta logo "thumb drive" USB 4 gig memory stick with PDFs for spares and manuals in 5 languages, and info on the codes for security system. This is a nicely detailed and elegant piece that should have come with the machine. This is real coffee table stuff!

My dealer, Steve Spreter, Renaissance Motors, Tucson, AZ personally delivered the bike to me in Mesilla, NM, a 4 hour drive. He handed me the presentation package, went over the entire bike, and made sure I had no questions about the machine. This is a great machine, and the Tucson dealer understands customer service.

I'm not aware of an existing MV USA policy with a bike cover or a maintenance stand, but you should have received the presentation package.

Without the spare key and the instructions on the security system, if this bike fails to recognize the chip, built into the key, "your sole key", you are toast. Period. No short cuts will suffice to start this bike. The immobilizer system is bullet proof and can not be defeated without the chip and the code.

Sorry to hear of your plight,
Dick
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 01:02 AM

Mark Congrats on the purchase. I hope you can get at least the spare key and the presentation package sorted out with the dealer. What color did you get ? would like to see some pics and hope you enjoy your ride.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 03:03 AM

When I picked up my 2010 F4 I was also advised that the bike did not come with a stand like previous models. Mine also did not come with a cover. But I did get a spare key included with the above mentioned presentation package. I guess the stand as well as other small things here and there is how they were able to drop the price of the bike this year. Oh well, I love the bike none the less.

2010 F4
2000 R1 - sold
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 12:17 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Since many people do not like the old factory stand, maybe this is a good thing as you can just buy a PitBull???

But definitely should have gotten the spare key, manuals and such.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 02:14 PM

My 2010 1090 came with the package. It included the spare key. I would go back and get it.

2010 MV 1090rr (Street)

2008 Ducati 848 (Track)

2006 Harley SE Fatboy (For my older years)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode