Over heating resolution - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 08:44 AM Thread Starter

Over heating resolution

Alright, I have read some of the threads on how to address the over heating issues. I looked at the thread regarding the new water pump from design corse. Although I've owned my Brutale 910r for less then 48 hours, I did take her out for a ride and can tell she will be running on the warm side since I live in the city. I would like to take care of my bike and if this is a good option, I want to hear the expert opinions from this forum. In addition to that, where do those that live in the US get their parts from? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 08:52 AM
King of Carbon

Send a message via Skype™ to DesignCorse
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtedeschi View Post
Alright, I have read some of the threads on how to address the over heating issues. I looked at the thread regarding the new water pump from design corse. Although I've owned my Brutale 910r for less then 48 hours, I did take her out for a ride and can tell she will be running on the warm side since I live in the city. I would like to take care of my bike and if this is a good option, I want to hear the expert opinions from this forum. In addition to that, where do those that live in the US get their parts from? Thanks!
The Brutales tend not to overheat like the F4, All the Mv F4s & Brutales run hot in general so i wouldnt be concerned at this point. I would suggest that ride your bike as much as you can and if overheating does occur Speak to your local Mv Dealer to get the Upgraded Water Impellar and housing under warrenty.

The F4 Model is diffrent and our Water pump Kits work brilliantly from 1000s - 1078Rs.

http://www.designcorse.co.uk/Overhea...ded_Water_Pump

Regards

Al

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

T: +44 (0) 1582 840 024

Last edited by DesignCorse; 07-18-2010 at 01:02 PM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 08:57 AM

Overheating is like 240-260 F

Otherwise it's just warm. My 750 will stay inbetween 195-225 when the ambient temperature is 90+

Adding power makes you faster on the straights, while subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere - Colin Chapman

2004 Brutale 750S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 09:00 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the posts, I'll put some time in and see how she does!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 10:02 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
My 910R has never overheated...or even come close.....even in Daytona Bike Week traffic.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
My 910R has never overheated...or even come close.....even in Daytona Bike Week traffic.
Nor mine. Not even on a freeway ride last January in 45C dry heat, when I overheated more than it did.
M

Now riding KTM 1290SA; previously BMW K1200R, Brute 910R, Brute750S, BMWR1150GS, Honda VFR800, YamahaXJ650, Honda400/4, HondaCB360 and more
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 10:50 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick de V View Post
Nor mine.
+1

Tim
Current
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 910R - Track Bike
Harley-Davidson Street Glide Rushmore
Harley-Davidson Road Glide Rushmore

Past
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 990R LE Anniversary Edition #81/150
MV Agusta Brutale 750s
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 11:13 PM

Mine was perfectly fine when I bought it. Highest was around 212 max.
But I upgraded it to the high output impeller anyway. It actually made some difference. In conjunction with distiller water/water wetter and new pump, the highest I have seen so far is about 209 (in about 90 degree outside temp) while idling in long traffic lights and it gets there very slowly and then it will start to drop when the fan kicks in.

Mike

2008 Brutale 910s

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode