It just died. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 06:44 AM Thread Starter

It just died.

Twice yesterday the engine died while at parking lot speeds. Its like someone hit the kill switch. No cough, or sputter. Started right back up. No more problems after that. Didn't notice if headlight stayed on or anything since it started right up.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 07:38 AM

unfortunately, almost all of them do that. There are multiple posts on it that recommend anything from iridium spark plugs to 87 gas, to getting a new computer. Mine has a power commander with a custom map (one of the recommended fixes), it still does it at traffic lights. I just live with it and call it "Italian Design"
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 07:44 AM
Established Member

honestly thats the cheapest thing ive ever heard, especially from a new-er high end bike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 08:27 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Tuning is off.....idle speed too low? throttle synch? TPS setting? any of those 3 can cause this and it should be simple to fix.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Tuning is off.....idle speed too low? throttle synch? TPS setting? any of those 3 can cause this and it should be simple to fix.
+1

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 09:53 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedwayRN View Post
Twice yesterday the engine died while at parking lot speeds. Its like someone hit the kill switch. No cough, or sputter. Started right back up. No more problems after that. Didn't notice if headlight stayed on or anything since it started right up.

Any thoughts?
That really s*cks man.

Just buy a F4 instead of a brutie

MV Agusta F4S EVO3
MV Agusta SPR (crashed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
MV Agusta 350 Ipotesi
MV Agusta F4 1000 S (sold)
Suzuki GSX R 1000 (sold)
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

Funny thing is it never did it again the rest of the day???? It is 2000 miles from the 6k mi service. I do get some pretty good vibes from the right hand grip. Otherwise the bike seems to be running great. It doesn't hurt to check the sync, and TPS I guess.

Guess I am going to have to buy the Technoresearch cable. Dang it I have two cables for my two ducs of course now I have to have yet a third cable......................

Anyone need a cable for 15m ECU?
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 12:30 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedwayRN View Post

Any thoughts?
I had a similar experience...Turned out to be the battery (a new one, at that). We looked at all the conventional causes but not the battery at first (who would have suspected a new battery?) Fitted a new one and the gremlins went away.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 01:20 PM

Change out your plugs to iridium, part number CR9EIX. It might help.

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 04:26 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Maybe it just wasn't quite warmed up yet? That has happened to me occasionally when I just pull to the end of the drive at low rpms and engine temp is still low. Never happens again the rest of the ride.

Has also happened to me on my CB100 Honda when it's cold and I shut the choke off too soon.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode