Power Commander - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 08:27 AM Thread Starter

Power Commander

My 07 910R has the MV corse exhaust and racing ECU. Would I see any real benefits from a power commander? I am not much of a tinkerer when it comes to mapping but I am interested in efficiency(both power delivery and fuel economy). What are the cons if any?

Any and all input would be appreciated,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 03:09 AM

As long as you have it dyno tunned by someone who knows WTF they are doing, you will see some benifit. Nothing beats a good dyno tunning.

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

So... Is it safe to say the certified dynojet tuning centers are dependable? Or do they need experience with Agusta bikes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 01:15 PM

If your bikes Co% and TPS are properly set before you go to them, you should be fine with any certified DynoJet tunning center, they dont need MV experiance to read a computer screen and build up a custom map.

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-04-2010, 12:46 AM

New Site Garage
FULLY recommend you get the dyno map done... just had it done and it has transformed the bike! see my thread in the Performace section of the forum for my thoughts...

Cheers, Simon

Brutale 990R LE - Number 121/500
Brutale 910R

New Zealand MV Owners Group: For more info, go to the NZMV our website
to join our mailing list & find us on Facebook.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

Excuse my ingnorance, this is my first fuel injected machine. I know TPS is the throttle position sensor but what does Co% refer to?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 12:09 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
The CO% refers to the gas analyzer reading of carbon monoxide in the exhaust, an indication of rich or lean fuel mixture (carbureted bikes, too). Some bikes have idle CO trim possible. Those with oxygen sensors (lambda sensors)do it automatically.

I have the MV Corse exhaust system and ECU (2008 model, 5SM ECU) and bought a PCIII for it...dyno tuned. Definitly hit the rev limiter more quickly, but I ended up taking it off as the bike ran just as well without and got better gas mileage.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 03:47 PM

New Site Garage
Have a read here:

http://mvfaq.blogspot.com/2005/12/tu...ensor-tps.html
http://mvfaq.blogspot.com/2005/12/tu...-throttle.html

This is the reference i gave to the mech who just tuned and dyno'd my 910R with a power commander.. they followed this to the letter and i could not be happier with the outcome!

Cheers, Simon

Brutale 990R LE - Number 121/500
Brutale 910R

New Zealand MV Owners Group: For more info, go to the NZMV our website
to join our mailing list & find us on Facebook.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 05:31 PM

I just had mine fitted yesterday at a PCM dealer with previous MV agusta knowledge. I have a Euro 3 bike, so PCM don't support the Euro 3 910.

Basically the garage have frigged the 02 Sensor so that they could allow mapping below 20% throttle. Also had to modify the wiring on the PCIII.

The results? - lumpy idle when cold, its constantly hunting between 1250 - 1750rpm - but doesn't ever stall (so far). Once warm it runs and idles fine. I have had a 6hp increase just from PCIII and air filter. Not bad power gains thats for sure.

Still not sure if I can recommend it though. Time will tell once I've ridden it a bit more. To quote:

"Rem Tank & seat & air box, mount up PCIII in duct and feed wires through to throttle bodies. Fit performance air filter, set up TPS voltage and Butterfly angle for best running. Synchronise throttle bodies, modify Power commander III to fit '08 910 (no PC made for this bike). Refit tank and air box, run on Dyno and Create Map using tuning link. Modify 02 sensor to allow mapping below 20% throttle."

At my request, throttle response has been reduced a little between 1000-2000rpm (this was my preference) but now I've had that done I don't actually like it much. I think I got use to the on/off throttle, but I haven't taken any slow corners yet. It's definately less tough on the transmission if I suddenly release the throttle and doesn't unsettle the bike like it used to.

Last edited by squibby; 07-07-2010 at 05:40 PM.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

After reading the thread about the microtek ECU, sounds like that is the ultimate step to take for improvement. Anyone know how cost restrictive it is?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode