picked up my 750 today! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 08:26 AM Thread Starter

picked up my 750 today!

I've put 125miles on it already and i love it. I noticed it runs hotter than anything else I have ever had. What is the normal operating temp at speeds and at idle that you guys notice? I got stuck in traffic with alot of cars around me (waiting for a cop to figure out how he needed to park his cruiser to protect a group of guys working in a manhole, it was a mess) The temp shot through the roof, temp gauge was blinking and the sides of my legs were on fire. Is this common for being stuck in this amount of traffic for an extended period of time? I checked the coolant bottle when i got home and it had liquid.. any other ideas? Fans were running too

Other than that, i can't wait till i can really run her at full power!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 08:30 AM
Established Member

moving slowly through heavy traffic mine will go up to about 105 which is bastard hot! though will cool quickly as soon as you start moving... this is what they mean by a 'hot' bike...
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 09:23 AM

I just picked up my 910 yesterday and it got all the way up to 205 sitting in traffic, which I thought was a bit warm also. It does cool off almost immideatley as I start riding, and I would imagine this could improve as the engine breaks in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 09:51 AM

Search the forum for temp or coolant or engine ice and you'll find many threads on this subject.

Basically, the bikes run hot, esp. at idle, and the fans alone cannot cool a running engine.

The temp light will blink occassionally, particularly when stuck in slow or stopped traffic, but the 'overheat' temp is quite high, and although you may spill some coolant, there have been very very few instances of actual overheating.

Just keep it moving, and the bike is happy!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 10:11 AM

I see 215F-220F in slow moving or stop&go traffic. 2004-750 now with 6000 mi.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 10:56 AM
I shut the bike off and paddle with my feet when the cages completely shut down. I'm not kidding- if you cant filter/lanesplit any further just kill it.

-FBD
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 10:56 AM
my 750 hit 235 degrees once in city traffic, coolant started spewing everywhere which caused it to smoke as well........... 910 seems to run alot cooler than the 750 model
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 02:42 PM

Nice to hear peolple are still getting the 750's. Glad you like it, they only get better with use.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Seven
my 750 hit 235 degrees once in city traffic, coolant started spewing everywhere which caused it to smoke as well........... 910 seems to run alot cooler than the 750 model
Same happened to my on my 910. My friend riding with me asked if my bike was taking a piss.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 04:35 PM

Man, thats really disappointing. I have used that water wetter and coolant ice shit before and to no avail, but that was in a serious horsepower pushrod V8. Has anyone tried it on our bikes with success?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode