Overheating question? Yes another! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

Overheating question? Yes another!

I'll make it a short story. This past weekend I decided to take the Brutale up to NY for Virginia to see family for an event. Everything was fine until I hit traffic on i95 at DC. The bike, even in slow moving traffic started to overheat "bink "at 234 f . I was able to get back to 230 f but at one point it hit 244 f. Granted it was about 100 f and traffic was crawling. On the way back home things were worst. It hit 253f and pulled over as fast as i could to shut here down. I put the key to the on position to let the fan run ( fan stops running a few seconds after it shuts down.) After it got to about 220f I started it back up and the battery light came on. I knew right away I had blown the fuse. No problem I'll just put in the spare. Oh %^%@ where is the spare. It still starts and i get off at the next exit and with in a few miles find an Advanced Auto which has the 40amp fuse. Now I have many spares. This has never happened before. Also, i have never been in traffic with 100 f temp either. Even when I did start to move at around 75 mph the temp stayed around 212-216f.

It's a 2005 750s with water wetter and about 16,000 miles. Has this happened to anyone or do i need to check some things? I thought only F4's overheated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 09:03 PM

early last week when temps were around 95 here in ohio, i was seeing over 230 in traffic, once i got out in the country with sustained speeds of over 60 it went back down to 205-209. I just have coolant though. Probably going to change to water wetter while i wait for parts from carl

Adding power makes you faster on the straights, while subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere - Colin Chapman

2004 Brutale 750S
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 08:17 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
You may find that 50/50 antifreeze with water wetter is better then just water as a coolant.

I had an experience like that when I changed my antifreeze and left an air pocket in the radiator. Engine wasn't actually overheating, but the gauge said it was!!! Did you boil coolant out the overflow?

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

Yea, I burped it. If I don't burp it it pisses almost every time I stop. Check fluid level which was fine and no overflowing or pissing.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 08:05 PM

Distilled water plus watter wetter is way better than any coolant plus watter wetter mixture. Mix 4 ounces of water wetter into a 1 gallon jug of distilled water and pour it in. I spoke to a RedLine tech a couple of weeks ago, he said in their tests, the above mixture performed better than even engine ice. If you dont need anti-freeze (here in SoCal we only go as low as 50F) then distilled water and watter wetter cant be beat.

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode