raise the rear? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
raise the rear?

any way to raise the rear of the bike to give it a bit more of an aggressive profile? if so, how would this change riding dynamics?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Seven
any way to raise the rear of the bike to give it a bit more of an aggressive profile? if so, how would this change riding dynamics?
You have a ride height adjuster out back. It's usually set in the middle from factory. Just be ready for quicker than normal turn in.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutal2dmax
Just be ready for quicker than normal turn in.
Unless you raise the front ones as well, in that case, you loose that aggressive look you're looking for. Anyway, I'm not particulary pro-changing the symetry and dynamics of the bike. Just my oppinion....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FERROMAN
Unless you raise the front ones as well, in that case, you loose that aggressive look you're looking for. Anyway, I'm not particulary pro-changing the symetry and dynamics of the bike. Just my oppinion....
That's right. I raised a 916 only 5mm and it made a huge difference in turn in but did not make the bike look much different. In order to get the look you're looking for, I also think the geometry will be out of whack.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 06:12 PM

My rear is lifted 3mm and the spring preload of the fork i s also adjusted. So now the bike is slightly more at its nose. It's a big difference but it also makes the bike more nerveous.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 06:17 PM

If you're after a more aggressive profile, may I suggest ordering a set of these:

http://www.suburban-machinery.com/ducati2.html

You can order them w/o the Ducati holes. Of course, you'll have to tap some new locator holes, yourself, but that shouldn't be too difficult. I'm still contemplating doing this, myself. If the bars were $50 I'd try it and see how I liked it...but at $170 it's harder to justify.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 08:49 PM

A fender eliminator will help the profile as well, and it won't change the geometry of the bike.

cheers
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 12:10 AM
Established Member

Send a message via AIM to curi0usmind
I raised my the rear of my b4 750 alot. Im not sure if you can tell by looking at the pictures, but I have many if you would like to compare to your own bike. The bike turned very quickly. It took some getting used to at first though. I haven't set up my 910 as I've been very busy. When I do, I will raise the back again as well. I initially raised my bike to suit my height. The faster turn in was a plus for me ( I wasnt thinking that far ahead before altering it ).

Live to Ride

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode