Re-maping POWER COMMANDER III - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 06:02 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation Re-maping POWER COMMANDER III

Hi guys:

Well...after a time with this idea going around my head I've decided fix back the original exhaust, even loosing that amazing sound. The reason I do it is because, I really love the look of the original ones. Now I have to remap my PCIII for the new configuration. I been looking on powercommander.com for a map that would go fine for an Arrows midpipe but I can't find it. All it is is that could work is the zero map and European Model Stock Exhaust Stock Air filter Stock EPROM.
Is there any other posibility? Do you think European Model Stock Exhaust Stock Air filter Stock EPROM will work fine?
THANKS IN ADVANCE.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERROMAN
Hi guys:

Well...after a time with this idea going around my head I've decided fix back the original exhaust, even loosing that amazing sound. The reason I do it is because, I really love the look of the original ones. Now I have to remap my PCIII for the new configuration. I been looking on powercommander.com for a map that would go fine for an Arrows midpipe but I can't find it. All it is is that could work is the zero map and European Model Stock Exhaust Stock Air filter Stock EPROM.
Is there any other posibility? Do you think European Model Stock Exhaust Stock Air filter Stock EPROM will work fine?
THANKS IN ADVANCE.
With my little knowledge regarding the PCIII and discussions I have had with qualified mechanics (who map them) as well as the reading up on the product; I believe you will have to take it to someone experienced in this area to re-map the fuel system, please let me know if I am wrong but I have heard that if you start changing exhausts around you wil need to re-map. Unless of course you have the original map from when you had the original exhaust.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 07:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie MV
With my little knowledge regarding the PCIII and discussions I have had with qualified mechanics (who map them) as well as the reading up on the product; I believe you will have to take it to someone experienced in this area to re-map the fuel system, please let me know if I am wrong but I have heard that if you start changing exhausts around you wil need to re-map. Unless of course you have the original map from when you had the original exhaust.
Actually the original map is as simple as setting a zero map, but I wonder if there is the chance of getting a map for JUST THE ARROWS MIDPIPE...maybe the zero would be the closest I can find, but then...WHAT A WASTE!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERROMAN
Actually the original map is as simple as setting a zero map, but I wonder if there is the chance of getting a map for JUST THE ARROWS MIDPIPE...maybe the zero would be the closest I can find, but then...WHAT A WASTE!!!!

Yeah, I am not sure what you can do now.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

oK...pipes are back to originals...NEED YOUR HEEEEELP!!!!!!!!!!
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 11:16 AM

I haven't seen anyone post that they've swapped just the midpipe AND done a map. Besides, it could still be way off from what your bike needs. If I were you I'd consider selling the PCIII and just running stock. From what I've read around here - haven't tested mine - the Brutale tends to run rich so the midpipe should lean it out a bit and be fine.

But then, I've seen a lot of Brutales have their pipes turn very blue...which is normally a sign of overheating due to a lean condition. So basically I know nothing and now I'm posting for no reason. Sorry if I'm no help.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 11:40 AM

The bikes vary greatly. Only way for sure is to get it on a dyno with an A/F sniffer.

John T
Certified Power Commander Tech.
Authorized Tuning Center/Dealer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

That's a posibility. But before I take a desition I want to be totally sure. I need Airfuel advice...AIRFUEL WHERE ARE YOU!!!!!!
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by airfuel
The bikes vary greatly. Only way for sure is to get it on a dyno with an A/F sniffer.
Upsss...you're quick man . So I asume there is no specific map for this combination , right?
Thanks.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 11:55 AM

Even if there was a map for that combination, it might not work. (good)
The Italian bikes with the trim screw in the computer, TPS settings, air bypass settings etc, make these beasts very different. Call it character if you'd like.

You could try different maps, but getting one made is the best bet.

John T
Certified Power Commander Tech.
Authorized Tuning Center/Dealer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode