MV Agusta Forum banner

Re-maping POWER COMMANDER III

3K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  Brutish 
#1 ·
Hi guys:

Well...after a time with this idea going around my head I've decided fix back the original exhaust, even loosing that amazing sound. The reason I do it is because, I really love the look of the original ones. Now I have to remap my PCIII for the new configuration. I been looking on powercommander.com for a map that would go fine for an Arrows midpipe but I can't find it. All it is is that could work is the zero map and European Model Stock Exhaust Stock Air filter Stock EPROM.
Is there any other posibility? Do you think European Model Stock Exhaust Stock Air filter Stock EPROM will work fine?
THANKS IN ADVANCE.

#2 ·
FERROMAN said:
Hi guys:

Well...after a time with this idea going around my head I've decided fix back the original exhaust, even loosing that amazing sound. The reason I do it is because, I really love the look of the original ones. Now I have to remap my PCIII for the new configuration. I been looking on powercommander.com for a map that would go fine for an Arrows midpipe but I can't find it. All it is is that could work is the zero map and European Model Stock Exhaust Stock Air filter Stock EPROM.
Is there any other posibility? Do you think European Model Stock Exhaust Stock Air filter Stock EPROM will work fine?
THANKS IN ADVANCE.
With my little knowledge regarding the PCIII and discussions I have had with qualified mechanics (who map them) as well as the reading up on the product; I believe you will have to take it to someone experienced in this area to re-map the fuel system, please let me know if I am wrong but I have heard that if you start changing exhausts around you wil need to re-map. Unless of course you have the original map from when you had the original exhaust.

#3 ·
Aussie MV said:
With my little knowledge regarding the PCIII and discussions I have had with qualified mechanics (who map them) as well as the reading up on the product; I believe you will have to take it to someone experienced in this area to re-map the fuel system, please let me know if I am wrong but I have heard that if you start changing exhausts around you wil need to re-map. Unless of course you have the original map from when you had the original exhaust.
Actually the original map is as simple as setting a zero map, but I wonder if there is the chance of getting a map for JUST THE ARROWS MIDPIPE...maybe the zero would be the closest I can find, but then...WHAT A WASTE!!!!

#6 ·
I haven't seen anyone post that they've swapped just the midpipe AND done a map. Besides, it could still be way off from what your bike needs. If I were you I'd consider selling the PCIII and just running stock. From what I've read around here - haven't tested mine - the Brutale tends to run rich so the midpipe should lean it out a bit and be fine.

But then, I've seen a lot of Brutales have their pipes turn very blue...which is normally a sign of overheating due to a lean condition. So basically I know nothing and now I'm posting for no reason. Sorry if I'm no help.

#10 ·
Even if there was a map for that combination, it might not work. (good)
The Italian bikes with the trim screw in the computer, TPS settings, air bypass settings etc, make these beasts very different. Call it character if you'd like.

You could try different maps, but getting one made is the best bet.

#11 ·
I have an 04 with the Arrow mid pipe, stock pipes (love the look) and a PCIII also.......currently running the map that came installed with the PC. The bike still is a little hesitant coming off the line and still pops a little when slowing on a closed throttle :(
I was hoping to find a map, i could try, from someone who has the same configuration. If it doesn't cure the problems, then i guess it's custom map time.

Mako
04 Brutale S
02 RSV-R
90 FZR 400

#12 ·
I'm in the same boat as both of you. Just had a arrow midpipe installed and a PCIII installed. I will get it dyno'd and tuned as a last resort if not happy with the canned maps. I get the bike back tomorrow and will let you know what's up once I have taken it for a ride.

#13 ·
Brutish said:
I'm in the same boat as both of you. Just had a arrow midpipe installed and a PCIII installed. I will get it dyno'd and tuned as a last resort if not happy with the canned maps. I get the bike back tomorrow and will let you know what's up once I have taken it for a ride.
That would be a great help. Let us know your impressions. If you dyno, I guess you'll make a personal map for your bike, but it definitly will be better that the "standard" maps on powercommander.com (or maybe not).

Can't wait for your answer, Thanks.

#14 ·
Well...I finally took my bike to the dyno, and what a disappointment!!! The best way it goes with the combination we have is the zero map. So what a waste of money!!! Did anyone made a map for this combination? Otherways I think I'm selling the fu*@¨ng thing away. Any news Brutish?

#20 ·
Ferroman - sorry for the delayed response. I got my bike back from the tuner (evoluzione is simi valley), who installed the arrow midpipe and a PCIII for me. He did not dyno and I told him to just use the PCIII stock map for now. It's not perfect, but was a pretty substantial improvement over where I was before. Granted, I just had my first service done as well, so it is hard to isolate the cause of the improved performance. The main improvement has been near total eliminate of the herky-jerkies when rolling on the throttle in first gear (this was my major complaint). I would still like to do a custom map - but I am very pleased for now. So sorry to hear about your unfavorable experience. i think I may have gotten lucky here. If/when I do a custom map, I will definitely send you the program to try.

#21 ·
Brutish, just to be clear you are running the "stock" map not the "zero" map directly from Dynojet right?

I looked at the "stock" map (M727-501) and it looks like out of the box the 910 runs lean at anything below 20% throttle and rich at everthing between 20-100% throttle.

Have you noticed improved mileage using this map?

Brutish said:
Ferroman - sorry for the delayed response. I got my bike back from the tuner (evoluzione is simi valley), who installed the arrow midpipe and a PCIII for me. He did not dyno and I told him to just use the PCIII stock map for now. It's not perfect, but was a pretty substantial improvement over where I was before. Granted, I just had my first service done as well, so it is hard to isolate the cause of the improved performance. The main improvement has been near total eliminate of the herky-jerkies when rolling on the throttle in first gear (this was my major complaint). I would still like to do a custom map - but I am very pleased for now. So sorry to hear about your unfavorable experience. i think I may have gotten lucky here. If/when I do a custom map, I will definitely send you the program to try.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.