buzzing noize - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

buzzing noize

HI All,

my brutale 910 developed some kind of buzzing noize.... i can't pinpoint the location yet...

noize seems to come on at 6k rpm and higher...

Have anyone noticed something similar?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks9mm
HI All,

my brutale 910 developed some kind of buzzing noize.... i can't pinpoint the location yet...

noize seems to come on at 6k rpm and higher...

Have anyone noticed something similar?
Yep, mine seems to buzz at that rpm somwhere in the dash. The solution - rev it higher. Mine disappears somewhere past 7-8k.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 11:15 PM

I get a plastic sounding buzz, maybe in the instrumentation area. Have not solved that mystery yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 08:50 AM

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
I have the same buzzing. It bothered me for weeks until one day I decided to get to the bottom of it and dedicate a ride to finding out wtf it was.

It's the mirrors. In my case, the right/throttle side mirror. Touch the mirror glass itself, and watch the noise go away. I dunno how to remedy the issue, but it's satisfying knowing what it is. You can get some of that blue tack (ya know the stuff you use to hang posters on the wall with, it's like putty) and put a very tiny amount on the edge of the glass. It's nothing permanent, cheap and moveable. Temp solution is to also adjust the mirror, then adjust it back...work for oh, a couple minutes, before it starts buzzing again....

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oicdn
I have the same buzzing. It bothered me for weeks until one day I decided to get to the bottom of it and dedicate a ride to finding out wtf it was.
Yes, I'll do the same. Been too busy hanging on for dear life when I ride--that's not entirely true but seems like a good excuse.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 01:25 PM
Established Member

Just got my 910R and it has it too. Sounds like the left mirror on mine. I think I recall my 2000 F4 having something similar...? Oh well, at least we all know it's something common and NOT just our own bike.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 10:05 PM

Mine buzzes just under 6k, and now with the midpipe, even more so...It feels like everything rattles, but it's only for a couple hundered rpm.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oicdn

It's the mirrors. In my case, the right/throttle side mirror. Touch the mirror glass itself, and watch the noise go away. I dunno how to remedy the issue, but it's satisfying knowing what it is. You can get some of that blue tack (ya know the stuff you use to hang posters on the wall with, it's like putty) and put a very tiny amount on the edge of the glass. It's nothing permanent, cheap and moveable. Temp solution is to also adjust the mirror, then adjust it back...work for oh, a couple minutes, before it starts buzzing again....
Got the same buzz for the same reason,, glass of the mirror touching plastic.
I can solve by adjusting it.

'72 MV 350 S
'87 Honda XR 350
(sold)
'02 Yamaha TDM 900
(sold)
'05 Brutale 910S
'06 Triumph Daytona 675
'06 BMW R1200GS Adventure

Taste the MV side of life !
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 05:11 AM
Established Member

How about changing to some nice Rizoma mirrors..... no mor buzzing noise for sure and you can actually see
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northface
How about changing to some nice Rizoma mirrors..... no mor buzzing noise for sure and you can actually see
Well, you guys are correct. I hadn't noticed the noise was gone, but riding home last night I paid attention to it after reading this thread. I have the Rizoma naked limit mirrors, and the noise must have vanished after I installed them months ago.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode