Brute seats - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 07:27 AM Thread Starter

Brute seats

I have an '09 1078 Brute. I can't get enough seat time. However, my 60 year old rearend can. The hard seat is difficult to bear for any long rides (2 hours or more). I bought a seat on ebay so that I can have it redone and not garage my bike while waiting. Any suggestions as to who can help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 08:35 AM
Established Member

Hands down, the prettiest seats I've ever seen are made by our sponsor in Isle of Man...A work of Art!:
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/member.php?u=4710
Those are truly special.

There are a couple of other sources I'm aware of: 'Corbin': http://www.corbin.com/agusta/mv910rf.shtml

And 'Sargent': http://www.sargentcycle.com/custserv.htm

I sent my stock saddle & pillion to 'Sargent' They dished, re-foamed, recovered and returned my stock seats within a week. From Monkey-Butt to Happy Cheeks, in just a week!

Last edited by Bootworks; 06-13-2010 at 09:16 AM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 08:51 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Great reviews on this guy, but not as fancy as Ade's stuff:

http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 08:59 AM
Established Member

The biggest "pain" with my Brutale S seat was the contact points with my pelvis. After about 30 min, I found the stock seat uncomfortable.
I just completed a 2500 mi ride a few weeks back, thanks to the mods done by Spencer's Motorcycle Seat Mods. What a difference this modest mod made! ($75) I didn't have a problem with the seat at all!
I have one Sargent and one Corbin on my other bikes. (20 yr old 900ss + Corbin, 12 yr old VFR+Sargent. Both seats installed within a few months of bike purchase) These complete seats look really cool with the cosmetic mods such as the customary "tricolore" on the Duc (the Brutale seat retained the stock covers) but the modified Brutale seat was as comfortable. In suggest giving them a try if you just want to make the seat more comfortable.
Oh, btw my butt is not so much younger than yours.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Great reviews on this guy, but not as fancy as Ade's stuff:

http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php
This is who did my seat. I can't compare it to the work of others, but I'm quite pleased (see my post on my recent 3,700 mile tour), and his prices are quite reasonable.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the info. I have contacted "Ade" and he is very accomodating. I have also emailed sargent and greatdaytoride. Can't say enough good about my 1078. It is absolutely the finest motorcycle I have ever owned (and have had quite a few since 1961). Thanks to all again!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 08:36 AM

I have had 4 custom seats from Sargent ,2xM-G Centauro ,Buell x-1,BMW k1200rs. They have always been extremly comfortable and able to ride for 10 hours or so with out buttocks trouble.Long time to get them . Helpful,but not friendly staff.
3 off the shelf Corbin seats. BMW f650gs,Honda F4 ,BMW k1200rs.Not as comfortable as sargent ,not custom ,The k1200rs seat is about 2x heavier and an inch or so higher.
Having said all this I have communicated with Spencer and that will be my next seat for Brutale and xb12s.
He is very very knowledgeable and clearly wants to do the best jobat less the half the price of others.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 11:58 AM

I have the "Spencer mod" (greatdaytoride) seat on my 2008 910. I actually purchased the seat already done with the mod from a fellow member here. I just had the seat reskinned in nicer leather.

Seat looks identical to stock but very comfortable over stock. I can easily do 200+ mile days now. Excellent mod especially considering the reasonable price.

Mike

2008 Brutale 910s

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode