New Brutale owner - 910s - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Brutale owner - 910s

Hey all - just joined your ranks with a purchase of a new 06 Brutale 910s!

I'm not new to riding. I've ridden for 14 years, but sold my last bike (duc monster 750) about a year ago. I was going to wait until next season to get a new bike, but I had a crappy day yesterday and decided I was buying a bike that afternoon. (Yea - I got the sickness pretty bad). I'd say it was spontaneous and rash, but I was going to get one 10 mos from now anyway so there was thought behind it. (insert justification and self rationalization here).

I went in looking at a new Ducati (was thinking Duc Monster 696 - its small, but just was trying to get my "fix" and make it through until next season). They had this MV Agusta Brutale 910s (new) marked down 5K for just slightly more than a new 696. I think I got a good deal - its an 06, but a new one under warranty -3 yrs (go figure). I drove it home this afternoon and holy crap, this thing is the best bike I've ever owned!!!

Anyway, I'm in northeastern PA (US) for anyone that lives out this way. Wanted to introduce myself and tell you all after poking around that you have a great community on this site - can't wait to participate.
Name:  brute1.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  170.0 KB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 05:43 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to brutaleluke
Nice Work...welcome all the way from Sydney, and another 06 910s owner...hope to hear you catching up with more MV fanatics - apparently there are a few on this site? ;-)

BrutaleLuke

"A Tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep"
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 06:04 PM

Welcome,

I too just got an '06 910S about two weeks ago...I love this bike! Holy crap is right!

I'm in Glen Spey, NY about 30 mins from Matamoras, PA and about 45 mins from Milford, PA. Let me know where you are and we can go for a spin!

Rob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2006 Brutale 910S
Gladio Kit
Arrow Exhaust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 06:38 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Welcome aboard!
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Rob - you're not far from me at all - Mountain Top, PA. We definitely should meet up at some point!!
Did you get your bike from NA Warhorse?? (its up that way!)
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 09:58 PM

Yeah, let's do it.

Bought my bike privately, second owner, but I am bringing the bike in to Warhorse on Friday July 2nd for a complete once over. If you need to drop in there for any reason, could be a good reason to get together, ride over there maybe grab a bite while my bike gets serviced.

Otherwise, yeah, let's work out a day and time and let's ride! I'm only up here on weekends. Next weekend I HAVE to ride into New Jersey to get the bike inspected so I'll definitely be around next weekend doing that.

Let me know what you think.

Rob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2006 Brutale 910S
Gladio Kit
Arrow Exhaust
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 01:02 AM

Congrats on the new purchase and enjoy the rides.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 10:32 AM

Congrats! Sounds like you got a good deal, warranty's go a long way with me and starting with a new bike is great feeling. Don't get some crazy hair and sell it.

Since your under warranty you should talk to your dealer about getting you the updated SPU. You will see several LONG threads regarding this topic. Pretty much you might experience some haywire electrical gremlins causing lights staying on, some stalling and engine running after the kill switch has been used...it all boils down to a faulty SPU. At your first service have them check and adjust the o2 level/fuel trim it made my bike run so much better and got a little better fuel economy.

My GF is from Berwick, PA, not sure if that is your neck of the woods or not.

Since I brought it up here is a link: http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showth...&highlight=spu

2009 Hypermotard 1100 w/ 2-1 Termi Kit

Past: 2006 Brutale 910s...an F4 to replace it winter 2010.

Last edited by ashumo; 06-06-2010 at 10:36 AM.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 06:38 PM

New Site Garage
Welcome and congrats from us down here in NZ

Tim
Current
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 910R - Track Bike
Harley-Davidson Street Glide Rushmore
Harley-Davidson Road Glide Rushmore

Past
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 990R LE Anniversary Edition #81/150
MV Agusta Brutale 750s
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

ashumo - Thanks for the info on the SPU, and I'll definitely talk to the dealer next time I have it in the shop for service. I'm checking thru the thread you sent now.

Berwick is definitely around my neck of the woods - 'bout 20-30 min West of me. Are you in California or PA? (saw your profile said CA)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode