What to look for on Brutale 910R?? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 08:19 AM Thread Starter

What to look for on Brutale 910R??

After seeing one of our Ozzie members Customized Brutales the other weekend, my wife is absolutely in love with them.

I'm looking to trade in her CBR1000 on a 2007 910R. It's got 240kms on the clock, i assume it's a demo bike.

What things do i need to watch out for on a Brutale when i ride it? Does this year/model still have the electrical problems some have been having? Is the fueling ok? Should this bike come standard with the race pipe + race ECU?

Will be nice to have an MV back in the garage since selling my F4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 09:35 AM

Ok, coming from an F4 just take it easy. You might not be ready to handle the raw power and blinding beauty of the Brutale 910R. Moving up to a Brute (from an F4) could take alittle time so be patient and the rewards will be great.

As far as fuelling and electrical issues i'm sorry i can't help you there. I just wanted you to know that the Brutale 910R is something really special. A motorcycle to be loved... and respected.

Last edited by seaeagle46; 06-05-2010 at 09:37 AM.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 12:56 PM

Having also moved up from an F4 to the B4 910R, I have had no problems with either

Brit Biker with Triumphs and a love of Italians.
138 You are my best friend too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 01:52 PM

Groper, ive had the 06 910R,AND YES VERY PROBLEMATIC,but i bought the 07 and its not.Its a fantastic bike even with the small amount of flaws,its an animal of a bike ,does not like town speeds,clutch gets very heavy after a while ( been looking at putting the bigger bore slave cylinder on,maybe someone else can help )and its hard work keeping the brute to 30 mph.Mirrors are useless,unless you you like your elbows (again look at mirrors ,eg lane splitters etc,i got the rizmo logic but were not much better,even with extentions).Original footpegs are slippy boots slip off,decent rear sets ?I think my headlamp is loose like my 06 910R,Just keep an eye on it only stuck in in with like siloken and they cost about £500.From what i have read,if you do your own maintainace,if you take off tank may want to fit the metal fuel line connectors instead of the plastic ones (i bought them but never had the tank off ).If you gona have the wheels of got to buy the right socket.But to ride OH MAN,like sitting on the edge of a tee tray ,cant see the front end ,just the clocks,fantastic feeling,so much power,front end allways wanting to come up even at 120mph ,but the naked bike keeps you in check at that speed.Find a twisty road and it comes into its own,like it knows the bends,its goes into them before you think,so fast and fluid,i got a steering damper on mine and would recommend one,you can feel it tighten up if you do a wheely and come down,keeps it all in check.All in all a truely fantastic bike to ride,like sitting on the back of a rotweiler,and you got hold of its bollocks.When you come back from a ride your cheeks will ache so much from the grin you got on your face................enjoy it.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 01:56 PM

Groper forgot to say,i got the race downpipes and midpipes and the ECU,i didnt get it with the 07,but they fitted it on the new one for me,the sound is so much better,gets louder and louder,i dont think you get this with the 07 model,i know it hasnt done the miles,but the first service is the pricy one,see if you can work something in on the deal.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 02:28 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
the electrical issues were found on earlier bikes, not 910Rs.

Fueling is not an issue.

You said it is an '07 which may mean it is an '08 from an American Perspective. So I'm not sure if the one you are looking at has the early or late model ECU. The early ECUs change a chip, the later ones, I don't know.

Only the US bikes came standard with both the stock exhaust and the off road slipons and replacement mid pipe. (As far as I know)

As an owner of both the F4 and the Brutale, I feel the Brutale is more fun to ride. Be careful! It is DAMN fast.

Last edited by CAG; 06-05-2010 at 02:31 PM.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 03:20 PM

CAG,i had the 06 ( in the UK ),and had a shit load of problems with fueling and stalling etc,no way could the dealer ( and at the time the UK importer) sort these problems out,i had numerous visits to the workshop,they even fitted a power commander free of charge and had it all set up and put on a dyno at cresent suzuki, IT did not sort out the problems,the 07 ( Uk 07 ) I HAVE NOW HAS no FUELING OR STALLING PROBLEMS AT ALL.And yes its very fast and a fistfull of fun.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 03:22 PM

And iam pissed off cause i dropped it last weekend and waiting for a few new bits to come,my fault,low speed,lesson learnd..............and the suns out .
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 03:47 PM

Hey Groper,

The 07 910R here in Oz is the Euro 3 version that has all the previous issues fixed. All I have done to mine is put on a PC3 which really smoothed out the midrange and picked up a few hp.

They are so much fun to ride that you will end up having to buy two of them.

Cheers,

Dave.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 08:30 PM

Hey Groper,
my customised brute that you are referring to is an 06 model and apart from a few stalling issues, I've had zero problems, got a PC111 mapped by dyno dave and made a massive differance, just had it re-mapped at MCWeaponry after the air filter was installed and now it runs even better. I guess you just have to be lucky with the 06 one, its nice to hear that the 07 didnt have any issues but you also dont get the race headers, if i have any serious problems i think i would go for a microtec ecu from XBikes.

Cheers

James

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode