Spark Plugs - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

Question Spark Plugs

Hi there...what are the choices on sparke plugs for the Brutale 910s? I've seen the NGK Iridium IX and the Denso Iridium. Are this OK for the Brutale 910? Are there any other/better choices?
And finally, When are you supossed to replace them (that's a must on FAQ, but it isn't there).
Ride safely
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 02:56 PM

Read here, plenty of info.

http://mvfaq.blogspot.com/2005/09/sp...-fitments.html

John T
Certified Power Commander Tech.
Authorized Tuning Center/Dealer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

Thanks a lot John...but, from your experience...which one would you recomend. From the document I realize the best ones to use are the normal ones, instead of the iridium. Is that right? What's the difference between normal and iridium, I mean, what difference does it to the bike?
Maybe Geoff is also around here and he can help me with this....? Cheers mate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 03:19 PM

JamesC needs to chime in here.

John T
Certified Power Commander Tech.
Authorized Tuning Center/Dealer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 03:53 PM

The iridium NGK's are the reccomended fix for the stalling issues some bikes have. It has been reported that Andrea Goggi himself has said not to use the Denso ones because of the combustion chamber shape on the MV.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERROMAN
which one would you recomend

NGK CR9EIX is the best so far. I hope my writing in the document wasn't too confusing but I wanted to include the normal plugs as well as the 'fix' plugs.

JamesC

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 10:35 AM

Whatever you do, just don't buy the plugs from the dealer! One of mine needed replacing at the first service (of course they didn't tell me why, nor did anyone there remember) and ProItalia dinged me for $15.95! These plugs are like $3 apiece if you buy an 8 pack!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

Thanks a lot James...Now is clear, but just one more thing...When are you supossed to replace them? Thanks again.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 12:58 PM

Factory says to replace every 12,000km. If you are not yet running the CR9EIX then you may want to swap the next time you have the bike apart regardless of km shown

JamesC

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartolim
The iridium NGK's are the reccomended fix for the stalling issues some bikes have. It has been reported that Andrea Goggi himself has said not to use the Denso ones because of the combustion chamber shape on the MV.
I bought a set of Denso IU27's before my last bike was stolen but never got to put them in. So now I have $50 invested in plugs that I would like not to waste.

The MV faq says the italian forum members like the IU27's despite Goggi's warning. Has anyone here used them? I really don't want to have to buy another $50 worth of plugs, especially since the IU27s are supossed to be better plugs than the CR9EIXs because of the much smaller electrode.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode