Exhaust help? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

Exhaust help?

I have an 02/2008 910R. What i need is the proper full set of pipes for my bike so i can de-cat and can-up. Is this the one i want?
http://www.evolutionbike.it/mvagusta...i-71304mi.html

If this is the correct set of pipes for my bike. Can i get the shorty on there or do i have to go with the twin slip-ons?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 08:27 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Those are the headers and mid-pipe for the stock twin cans. The shorty uses a different mid-pipe.
Your 2008 is a Euro3 bike, so yo will also need ECU for correct fueling.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 08:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Those are the headers and mid-pipe for the stock twin cans. The shorty uses a different mid-pipe.
Your 2008 is a Euro3 bike, so yo will also need ECU for correct fueling.
OK ! Now we're getting somewhere, ThankYou Ed.

Now, if i decide to add new Arrow twin cans, will the sound be better/different than stock?

Will i get any extra performance from Arrow Twin cans? As opposed to stock twins.

Is there a full set of pipes with the correct mid-pipe already attached so i can add a shorty? Or will i have to buy the mid-pipe, the headers and the Shorty (if i were to go that way) as 3 different items and if i do could some pls provide the links i need so there's no confusion.

How different is the sound between a shorty and the Arrow twins? Does anyone know?
(dont worry about the db killer info)

And yep, the ECU upgrade is something i do know about, cheers. Just doing the math, maybe an early b-day present

Last edited by seaeagle46; 06-02-2010 at 08:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 08:49 AM
Old Wing Nut

Here you go:

http://www.mvagusta.it/common/shop/s...nti-di-scarico

If you want a shorty then you need to buy just the headers, the Arrow thunder kit comes with the link pipe (or mid-pipe). You will also need to get the ECU or better yet, a MicroTech ECU from X-Bikes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 08:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Here you go:

http://www.mvagusta.it/common/shop/s...nti-di-scarico

If you want a shorty then you need to buy just the headers, the Arrow thunder kit comes with the link pipe (or mid-pipe). You will also need to get the ECU or better yet, a MicroTech ECU from X-Bikes.
Mate, thankyou. Just the information i was after. One more question... Why a MicroTech ECU over the tradional standard PCIII? Whats the diff?
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 04:31 PM
Old Wing Nut

PC III doesn't work with Euro3 bikes, and it is a crude band-aid, anyway. Just piggy backs on the injectors and alters the signal duration.

Microtech has all the EFI parameters tunable, including ignition advane....a proper answer to the tuning problem.

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 04:41 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to brutaleluke
Hey Kieran, glad you started this thread. I am about to purchase a mid pipe and and EPROM for my euro 2 beasty. As far as I know, this is all I need to get rid of the cat. I am not looking at new pipes etc, I just wanna lose that cat to help the old girl breathe better....will be good to compare bits and maybe schedule that tinker we need!

BrutaleLuke

"A Tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep"
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutaleluke View Post
Hey Kieran, glad you started this thread. I am about to purchase a mid pipe and and EPROM for my euro 2 beasty. As far as I know, this is all I need to get rid of the cat. I am not looking at new pipes etc, I just wanna lose that cat to help the old girl breathe better....will be good to compare bits and maybe schedule that tinker we need!
I'm glad too, i've had alot of different opinions as to the best way to go about this so thanks heaps Ed for helping sort this out in plain english.

I know now exactly what i need, how much it's gonna cost and where to get it. You Beauty!

Ed IS the Man.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

Luke you might be able to help sqibbs out with his mis-purchase. Poor bloke, would be good if it works out for you both.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 07:11 PM

Good thread. I've been trying to figure out the very same things. Decat, new ECU etc... although if I went ahead, I'd like to retain the twin slash pipes look. On another front, an Ohlins shock also looks tempting.

Spoke to Simon (Squibby) last night but what he has are the midpipes in a three-section exhaust line. My 910R, although complianced 2007, has a two section exhaust line, same as Simon's 910S. So it's probably a Euro3...Can anyone tell me how I can be sure?

SeaEagle, let's compare notes before ordering anything?
EvolutionBike are good to deal with. I bought a Brutale tank bag from them last month. Perhaps we could at least save on shipment costs seeingwe live around the corner from each other.
Cheers.
M

Now riding KTM 1290SA; previously BMW K1200R, Brute 910R, Brute750S, BMWR1150GS, Honda VFR800, YamahaXJ650, Honda400/4, HondaCB360 and more

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode