Decisions ?? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 02:08 AM Thread Starter

Decisions ??

Hi, I am a current owner of an R1 2005 and a Fazer 1000 2005 and am considering buying a 910 Brutale. The reason being, I am fed up of opening the garage and not feeling particularly excited about anything stored in there. I was wondering what current owners thought;

Will I like it ??

What about touring ??

What is the fuel consumption like ?? How far does it go between fill ups ??

Anyone else done any long distance on one ??

My favourite bike of all time was my Honda SP1, but I am too old and fat now to be head down arse up.

I do a lot of European riding, down to the MotoGP racing, would be cool to turn up on this instead of the usual bikes.

Wez.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 02:28 AM
The Dude

My thoughts:

Will I like it ?? Yes.

What about touring ?? Keep the Fazer. For me that's what the FJR is for. Comfort shouldn't be the issue, but rather fuel economy, no wind protection, luggage capacity.

What is the fuel consumption like ?? How far does it go between fill ups ?? Fuel consumption is not so good to me. People seem to get around 110 miles to reserve. I am too scared to go to reserve since I'm often in the middle of nowhere, so fill up around 160 kms.

Anyone else done any long distance on one ?? I haven't, so will let others chime in.....

-colin

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 04:06 AM

Send a message via AIM to MVASyd
I have done number of small tours here in OZ, such as from Sydney to Phillip Island for the Supers or GP. It is about a 3,000 km round trip and we take 2 days each way. Mine is the 750, and it is sensational. I have done over 16,000km's like this.You have the handling and high rev power of a sport bike but in an upright riding position. I can pretty much clear off from any sport or touring bike in the twisty mountain bits. On the straights I just sit a more leasurely pace such as 100 to 130km/h and at that speed the worst thing is fuel consumption. I get around 180 to 220 km's which is fine as some mates have 749's and their small tank doesn't do much more. At the end of the day the comfort is perfect for me, although I am small in height. I use a small tank bag and wear a back pack. If you like touring on a real sport bike without all the pains, it is fantastic. I would only imagine the 910 to be even better, although I do love the sweet revving nature of the 750.
I hope this helps.
Having said all that I am off for a weekend away with the mates on my F4 1000 this weekend. It's great to have choices.

MVA Sydney
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 09:16 PM

I've recently done a tour of 8 hrs a day for 8 days. Hills, sweeping turns, switchbacks, rain, some highway, Humid, blazing tropical heat.

On the brute I enjoyed the sweeping twisties approaching the foothills. Blasting out of 100 kph corners, everything in 2nd gear--the stuff of dreams.

Highway buzzing, not for me. Tight, wet switchbacks (10-15 kph) were a pain in wrist, made worse by the weight from my backpack pressing forward on braking. And going so slow means you're in the 'on-off' sweetspot! Not quite bull-riding but you get the picture.

My sportster 1200 is more comfortable for touring.

In short, it's possible to tour. But considering I've got a day's ride just to reach the start of the nice bits, I'll not be dreaming about it any time soon.

Last edited by dearpixel; 09-05-2006 at 09:40 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode