thinking of buying a Brutale, which one should i get? - MVAgusta.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9
thinking of buying a Brutale, which one should i get?

hey everyone,
i am a Ducati owner. i own a Ducati 996s (Tamburini bike) and a 749 and was thinking of replacing my 749 with a Brutale. I like the the desingns of Mr Tamburini, the lines flow and never get old. so here's where i need help, i have very little knowledge with regards MV Agusta and would appriciate any advice tips you can give me. two of good friends own F4's but the brutale is a different machine right? i'm planning to use it to commute mostly. I have checked out a 09" 1078rr, a 06" 910s and the new 1090 (didn't ride it). the only MV ive ridden is a F4 senna a while back which i really liked. what are the big differances when comparing the 1978rr to the new 1090? the 1078 i looked at has less than 1k miles and costs $6k than the 1090 but if the new one is a better bike i wouldnt mind spending the extra $$.
thanks
fidelio7r is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 01:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Texas, Luckenbach
Posts: 877
Differences

I'm sure you're going to receive a lot of responses to your inquiry, but it would help if you narrowed down or defined what you mean by differences; horse power, aesthetics, maintenance...

A few other details you could add include where you live (weather, lane splitting), length of commute, type of commute (highway, stop and go lights, sitting in traffic).

You'll find a varying list of opinions from newer is better to purchasing a low mileage model (around 15,000 miles). Most of the mechanical/technical improvements made over the past 5-6 years can be purchased and installed for far less than buying a new model.

Whatever choice you make, I'm confident you'll enjoy it.
LiquidWhy is offline  
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 02:21 PM
Established Member
 
simonmv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 131
If u have the $, the 1090 is a no brainer. Slipper, TC, gear indicator, comfort, brakes, etc. The only cons to the 1090 is the price & the rawness of all the other models. I wouldnt get anything less than a 910r though just because the brakes suck on all the other models.

The 1090 has taken care of most gripes in the past & has added a whole new level of refinement & features.

Good luck!
simonmv is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidWhy View Post
I'm sure you're going to receive a lot of responses to your inquiry, but it would help if you narrowed down or defined what you mean by differences; horse power, aesthetics, maintenance...

A few other details you could add include where you live (weather, lane splitting), length of commute, type of commute (highway, stop and go lights, sitting in traffic).

You'll find a varying list of opinions from newer is better to purchasing a low mileage model (around 15,000 miles). Most of the mechanical/technical improvements made over the past 5-6 years can be purchased and installed for far less than buying a new model.

Whatever choice you make, I'm confident you'll enjoy it.
i will be riding in southern california so the weather is dry most of the time. lane splitting is allowed and i'm planning to put on some highway miles on it.
fidelio7r is offline  
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 03:13 PM
Established Member
 
steve1968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 229
i bought a 1090rr after riding the 910r, 990r and the 1090rr so you know what i'm going to say .
However the difference between 990 / 1090 isn't that much but the ownership experiance of knowing you've got the best available made the difference for me and i couldn';t really afford either but went for it anyway.
if you want to enjoy the bike straight out of the crate buy the 990/1090 and don't let people make you think its like a jap bike ,,, its so much more.

steve
steve1968 is offline  
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 03:44 PM
Established Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 210
Just my opinion but, everyone who tells you the 1078 is a true brute that exudes raw attitude when compared to the 1090 is simply trying to make themselves feel better about the fact that their pride and joy has now been superseded by a new and better model. When people say the new 1090 is a bit japanese what they mean is. Its fast, it doesn't stall, overheat or break down and the throttle works like a throttle is supposed to because the fueling has been sorted out. I recently bought a 1090 after owning a KTM RC8 (Raw, fast and only worked on the right roads in the right weather when I was in the right frame of mind) I now enjoy riding my bike every time I go out.
flushman is offline  
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 04:28 PM
Senior Member
 
brutaleluke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,355
Send a message via Skype™ to brutaleluke
Quote:
Originally Posted by fidelio7r View Post
hey everyone,
i am a Ducati owner. i own a Ducati 996s (Tamburini bike) and a 749 and was thinking of replacing my 749 with a Brutale. I like the the desingns of Mr Tamburini, the lines flow and never get old. so here's where i need help, i have very little knowledge with regards MV Agusta and would appriciate any advice tips you can give me. two of good friends own F4's but the brutale is a different machine right? i'm planning to use it to commute mostly. I have checked out a 09" 1078rr, a 06" 910s and the new 1090 (didn't ride it). the only MV ive ridden is a F4 senna a while back which i really liked. what are the big differances when comparing the 1978rr to the new 1090? the 1078 i looked at has less than 1k miles and costs $6k than the 1090 but if the new one is a better bike i wouldnt mind spending the extra $$.
thanks
Read - http://mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31508

BrutaleLuke

"A Tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep"
brutaleluke is offline  
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 04:36 PM
Senior Member
 
John M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posts: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutaleluke View Post

Based on the write up above and a $6k saving, I know I'd be getting the 1078RR - but I'm biased as I own one and love it.

MV Agusta F4 (2013)
John M is offline  
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 06:12 PM
Senior Member
 
BG Wells's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lisburn Northern Ireland
Posts: 4,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by flushman View Post
Just my opinion but, everyone who tells you the 1078 is a true brute that exudes raw attitude when compared to the 1090 is simply trying to make themselves feel better about the fact that their pride and joy has now been superseded by a new and better model. When people say the new 1090 is a bit japanese what they mean is. Its fast, it doesn't stall, overheat or break down and the throttle works like a throttle is supposed to because the fueling has been sorted out. I recently bought a 1090 after owning a KTM RC8 (Raw, fast and only worked on the right roads in the right weather when I was in the right frame of mind) I now enjoy riding my bike every time I go out.
So glad you ''enjoy riding your bike every time you go out''. So do I and wouldn't change it for anything ...including a 1090. Just my opinion.
BG Wells is offline  
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 06:36 AM
Established Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 210
I knew someone would bite eventually
flushman is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome