1090 RR - Noise from Dash/Dash Cover - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 07:36 AM Thread Starter
Unhappy 1090 RR - Noise from Dash/Dash Cover

Hi everybody,
just collected my 1090 RR last week (first one on the road in Singapore! ).
Fantastic bike and very close to my heart (I am from Varese and from my holiday place on the lake I can see MV factory ...).
Only problem so far after almost 300 km is a very nasty nasty noise I get from the Dash/Dash Cover when I roll-on in any gear but first (from 3000 until 4000 rpm).
Dealer has been nice enough to put some sponged tape between Dash and the Dash Cover but the nasty "PRRRRRRTTTT" is still there and quite loud, spoiling the music coming from the engin and the exhaust
Anybody can help?
Ciaoooo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 02:19 PM
Established Member

Hi

Congrats on the new bike. I picked up my 1090 a couple of months back. I have the same problem, its like a buzzing noise when putting the power on. I'm guessing but I think its down to the cheap plastic the original dash cover is made of so I've ordered a carbon fibre one from evolution which should arrive soon. Will let you know if it cures the problem.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 09:48 AM

I don't have that - you're saying it's a buzz from the plastic? have you tried just removing the cover for a short ride to see if it goes away?

------------------------------
The journey is the reward
Brutale 1090, Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 12:56 PM

I don`t own a 1090 or 990 (proud owner of a 910s), but I´ve riden both new models a couple of times, and have noticed a plastic rattle sound, not that loud, that seems to come form somewhere in the front.

Checking the front I´ve noticed that the throttle cable touches de dash cover, maybe that is....
Also I think I´ve read here in the forum, that there were something that gets loose, or was loose in the first place, in the mirror assembly that may be causing this rattle sound.

anyway congratulations on your new bike!

regards
Antonio

07 F4 312R
08 Brutale 910S...sold
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
Thanks for the tips guys!
Anything I should be aware of when I take off the cover?
Ciao from the Equator ...
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 02:17 PM
Established Member

Get the dealer to fix it. Thats what they are there for. time is $ & you already paid for their time.

My $0.02, good luck!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 05:26 AM Thread Starter
It's the mirrors!!!

Hi Guys,
I took off the dash cover and then I went around without it for a few kms and the noise is still there.
I was going insane because I could not detect where it was coming from (I wear full face helmet) and then ... I got it!
It's both mirrors and because they buzz at the same time, for some sort of stereo effect it looks like the noise comes from the dash.
OK, now that I have established the source ... what to do next?
Ciao!
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 06:35 AM
Established Member

This is what the dealer will describe as a unique characteristic of the Brutale 1090
Now you've narrowed it down for us I am going to try putting some rubber between the handlebars and mirrors, will let you now if it works.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 04:21 AM Thread Starter
Went to dealer and checked mirrors on a 990 ans a 1090 he has in showroom and both present the same problem: mirror a little bit too loose that can "buzz" against the upper lip of the black plastic cover. On an Italian forum (www.f4brutale.it) they say that MV is aware of this problem and a recall might be in the pipeline. I will keep you guys updated ...
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 05:38 PM

Ah yes, my mirrors just flopped around when I got the bike - totally useless. When I asked the shop they said they all do that so I popped the mirror glass out and then cleaned the ball in the housing and the cup on the back of the mirror with brakeclean and then put a piece of electrical tape onto the ball and refit the mirror glass. It took up the slack and the mirrors stay adjusted now.

------------------------------
The journey is the reward
Brutale 1090, Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode