My first ever ride on a brutale - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 07:34 AM Thread Starter

My first ever ride on a brutale

Yesterday I drove 2 hours to willow grove, PA to test drive the new 990 r. My current bike is a 08 hyper which I love. After watching the new brutales and reading the reviews I'm very intersted. I decided to give the brutale a ride. The dealer only had the 990 r for demo. I wanted to try the 1090 but I'm sure by riding the 990r I get a good feeling about the ride on a brutale. I walked inside the dealer and I walked to the bike. when I first saw the bike it seem a little chunky, I sat on it and it had a wide tank. Daaah inline four not a twin.

I took 990 r for a ride in some curve roads. the 990 r is amazing. I was very impressed it has nice torque at the bottom and nice power on the top too. The gearbox is very sharp, the handling is exelent it inspires a lot of confindence on the turns. When you look at the ducati SF and the brutale spec sheet the MV has about 50 more pounds. I didn't notice the xtra 50lbs, the center of gravity is very low. It feels very light and nimble. It doesn't feel top heavy like many inline fours. That was my main concern before trying the brutale. The brutale new engine is very smooth. It made the duc feel very harsh at low rpms.

I'm really impressed with the new brutale, I'm a believer now. You punks that own MVs are a bunch of lucky bastards, I envy you guys. they're amazing bikes. I can't believe it, I didn't look at Mv before. I could had one by now.
The brutale rocks.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 08:46 AM

uh-oh, I see another addiction about to begin!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 10:00 AM
Established Member

I am a hyper to Brute convert, still have the Hyper but I always seem to reach for the Brute when going for a canyon ride now...anything this much fun is usually illegal. Funny, but since I put the 6.5 gallon tank on the Hyper and bought a set of Cortech bags I will use it as my "touring" bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 07:18 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrossk View Post
uh-oh, I see another addiction about to begin!
+ 1
...How can you not luuuuuuv these bikes to look at and ride

Tim
Current
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 910R - Track Bike
Harley-Davidson Street Glide Rushmore
Harley-Davidson Road Glide Rushmore

Past
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 990R LE Anniversary Edition #81/150
MV Agusta Brutale 750s
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 09:16 PM
Established Member

I came off a VERY modified Hyper and onto an 910R Brutale for one reason ... it does everything the Hyper did, but it does it light-years better. The Hyper's biggest drawback is it's suspension - Ducati cut a major corner on that one - and there's not a whole lot of options from the aftermarket, either.

That said, however, the Hyper is a much more "forgiving" motorcycle to ride (i.e. it's not as singularly focused as the MV) and it takes less effort to ride quickly than a Brutale ... until the pace starts getting mucho rapido and the Hyper really becomes a handful and the weaknesses start to show (pegs too low, not enough HP, marginal suspension, no range, etc.).

I have heard that the 990/1090 have less of an "edge" to them than the previous generations of Brutes, but I can't speak to that directly as I have yet to take one for a ride (because I'll probably want one).

Honestly, though, there are times when I REALLY REALLY REALLY miss my Hyper - it was a SICK machine and soooo much fun - but the BONE STOCK Brutale is the Hyper's equal and more as long as I'm willing to commit myself 110% to the ride and whip that 910R bitch like she wants to be whipped.

It's a more demanding motorcycle but, as a result, it's also far more rewarding.

Welcome to the Dark Side...

I attached a pic of my former Hyper for reference purposes only.
Attached Images

Bike:
'08 Brutale 910R ... gone
'10 Brutale 1090R ... here

Last edited by 3M_TA3; 05-23-2010 at 09:25 PM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 12:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3M_TA3 View Post
I came off a VERY modified Hyper and onto an 910R Brutale for one reason ... it does everything the Hyper did, but it does it light-years better. The Hyper's biggest drawback is it's suspension - Ducati cut a major corner on that one - and there's not a whole lot of options from the aftermarket, either.

That said, however, the Hyper is a much more "forgiving" motorcycle to ride (i.e. it's not as singularly focused as the MV) and it takes less effort to ride quickly than a Brutale ... until the pace starts getting mucho rapido and the Hyper really becomes a handful and the weaknesses start to show (pegs too low, not enough HP, marginal suspension, no range, etc.).

I have heard that the 990/1090 have less of an "edge" to them than the previous generations of Brutes, but I can't speak to that directly as I have yet to take one for a ride (because I'll probably want one).

Honestly, though, there are times when I REALLY REALLY REALLY miss my Hyper - it was a SICK machine and soooo much fun - but the BONE STOCK Brutale is the Hyper's equal and more as long as I'm willing to commit myself 110% to the ride and whip that 910R bitch like she wants to be whipped.

It's a more demanding motorcycle but, as a result, it's also far more rewarding.

Welcome to the Dark Side...

I attached a pic of my former Hyper for reference purposes only.
hey you're the Da Bull from the ducati ms forum, I seen your bike there too. The brutale reminded me a lot of the hyper but like you said the brutale does it better. Both bikes used marzocchi forks. The hypers have larger diameter forks than the brutale. You can get ohlins rear shock with the S hyper. I don't see the hyper having a bad suspension, but then I never done a track day on the hyper. I want to buy the new brutale but I also want to keep my hyper. I feel like I'm going to missed the hyper a lot. I don't want to happen to me like you. If I had to pick only one, I would go for the brutale. In my opinion the Hyper and the brutale are the best looking naked bikes in the market.

Last edited by yabo0569; 05-24-2010 at 12:30 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode