Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 07:50 PM

"japanese-like"

Blech.

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 08:12 PM
Established Member

Some of us want Japanese Like! I bagged myself pulling out on my Ducati this morn when it stalled! Those twins don't like to be run when not warmed up, and open Termis do not make neighbourly relations very good at 7am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 04:04 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to brutaleluke
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazer6 View Post
"japanese-like"

Blech.
I personally agree, but like Squid said...some of us like Japanese - just not you and me!!

BrutaleLuke

"A Tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep"
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 05:56 AM

If by saying "japanese feel" they mean that the engine is smoother (no on-off throttle and easier to handle on low rews) and the bike is easier to control and more comfy then I guess thats a good thing but if the feel of the previous brute is missing then its its not what I want.

Just my thoughts. Cant say much unless I try it out. maybe I might like the japenese feel.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 07:28 AM

Quote:
"japanese-like"

Blech.
My exact thought when he said it

and how much more comfortable is it really? Can anyone do a comfort compo?
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 12:50 PM

I like (some) Japanese bikes. I've owned several. If I want another Japanese bike, I'll buy one made in Japan, not Italy.
If I want another Italian bike I want one made in Italy, that behaves and looks like an Italian bike, and gives me that feeling that one can only get riding an Italian bike.
The best part about the 'old' Brutales (and what set them apart from all other 'nakeds') is that they were literally a naked superbike. Same engine, chassis, suspension, wheels, etc. with handlebars and sans bodywork. All the Japanese 'nakeds' are stripped-down, purpose built sport-standards built for comfort with old engines, floppy frames and cheap parts. Like the 'new' Brutale.

The Brutale should be a naked F4. Not a "japanese-like" standard.

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 06:48 PM
Established Member

I said Japanese like, In terms of rideability. I bought the Brutale as an alter ego to the Ducati, and I'm very pleased. I don't want fueling issues and a brutally uncomfortable ride for my commute to work, but still want a savage animal when occaision calls. I think the 1090 offers both, and you certainly would not call it "Japanese". I have owned many, from V-MAX to Magna to GSXR-1100 to ZZR400. This bike is not remotely similar, but is very rideable. That is what I meant.

Last edited by Squid; 05-18-2010 at 11:50 PM.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 04:31 PM

Quote:
I like (some) Japanese bikes. I've owned several. If I want another Japanese bike, I'll buy one made in Japan, not Italy.
If I want another Italian bike I want one made in Italy, that behaves and looks like an Italian bike, and gives me that feeling that one can only get riding an Italian bike.
The best part about the 'old' Brutales (and what set them apart from all other 'nakeds') is that they were literally a naked superbike. Same engine, chassis, suspension, wheels, etc. with handlebars and sans bodywork. All the Japanese 'nakeds' are stripped-down, purpose built sport-standards built for comfort with old engines, floppy frames and cheap parts. Like the 'new' Brutale.

The Brutale should be a naked F4. Not a "japanese-like" standard.

except for maybe the Tuono, no?
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 05:00 PM
Big Randaddy

If their review of both bikes was based on half a day putzing around the city of Bologna, then I personally feel that they don't have enough feedback on either bike to make a reasonable comparison. Neither the Ducati or the MV was designed to ride in the inner city at 50% throttle and RPM. Kinda like Usain Bolt in high heels, eh?

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode