Cutting out - help needed - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

Cutting out - help needed

Hi, my collegue has a Brutale 910R, (2006) and was recently riding along when the bike suddenly cut out completely - had it not been for the fact that he instinctively pulled in the clutch, he could have been in a v dangerous position, given that it happened coming out of a corner at speed. The local bike shop has so far not managed to identify the problem - other than one has to assume that its electrical. Has anyone else suffered this problem or found a cause/solution?
Thanks
Jonno
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 02:14 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Engine lost power while accelerating???

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 02:28 PM

Yes. Search CDI, SPU, etc.

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

yes, he was accelerating when it totally cut out and came to a halt. Reading the threads it appears that it might be the fusebox (CDI)...
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 04:24 PM

Hi - Just joined so not sure all thsi is working yet.
Yes, I have just got a new 990R and I am having issues with cut out. Its booked to go back to the dealer in a few weeks.
My issue is that when I change down and let the revs drop it cuts out. Always between 2K and 3K revs. The techies dealer thinks the fueling needs balancing as its new however I will let you know if they find the answer. It certainly feels like a fueling issue and it feels rough when it does it - certainly doesn'y seem electrical... Not sure if this soulds similar to your issue.

Pyrah
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2010 - Brutale 990R
2009 - 312R F4
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 02:44 PM
Established Member

lol the new 990R bikes still have the same old problem? you think that MV would've fixed that by now, seeing how the problem has been around for... oh about 5 years now. lol

Two '01 Suzuki SV650 race bikes; '06 Brutale 910 street
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 02:56 PM

It does feel a different to what everyone else is describing...
Least the've made it run at a half respectiful temperature!
...don't we just love them!

Pyrah

2010 - Brutale 990R
2009 - 312R F4
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 03:03 PM

Look at other threads on this site massive problem,i had the o6 910R, cut out all the time ride in to a corner or a roundabout and it would cut out,very scary stuff,numerious times back to the dealer,had a power commander fitted free of charge,no good....tried everything.........had to buy the 07.....no probs at all....i dont know how to give any words of help or anything.....i loved the 910R and was offerd the chance to buy another new one and took it.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 03:10 PM

i did have an overheating problem with the 06 as well,forgot that,its a bike that you have to get the feel for, especially around town,does not like going at slow speed and sticking to a speed limit,these bikes are at home on a track or a good twisty road,let it rip and it comes into its own ,nothing like it.But around town got to be so carefull,even a thread about taking the spring off the trottle to try and give it some feel around town and not so angry.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 08:44 PM

hey there, if you are having real trouble and still want to keep the bike then i would suggest a Microtec ECU from Chris at Xbikes, do a search on here to find out about them, they are not cheap but it is a complete ECU replacement and will do your Brute wonders, so far everyone that has fitted one raves about them. I too had a few stalling issues on my 06 910R but a PC111, air filter, the impellar mod and ceramic coating on the echaust has done wonders, no stalling, no overheating it now runs soo smooth its not funny.

good luck with it.

Cheers

James

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode