Damaged battery after 2 years - MVAgusta.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
910BrutaleHydrogen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Lier
Posts: 982
New Site Garage
Cool Damaged battery after 2 years

Is it normal that the battery does not hold longer than 2 years?

Do you have any experience with this?

Is it possible to get this back on warrenty?

Frustraiting when i want to take her out in the sun.
910BrutaleHydrogen is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 10:46 AM
Established Member
 
Bootworks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern California
Posts: 204
I ended up buying one of these, made by Yuasa.
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=mv+...286.m270.l1313
At first I was apprehensive because this battery was relatively inexpensive, but it has proven itself 100%!


Bootworks is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
910BrutaleHydrogen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Lier
Posts: 982
New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootworks View Post
I ended up buying one of these, made by Yuasa.
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=mv+...286.m270.l1313
At first I was apprehensive because this battery was relatively inexpensive, but it has proven itself 100%!
Thanks for your feed back. I`ll chek out who delivers this in Norway.
910BrutaleHydrogen is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 01:32 PM
Senior Member
 
RedB4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South East England
Posts: 417
A battery can last longer than 2 years...it also depends on your charger...some intelligent chargers can bring batteries back to life, others can not

If the battery has gone flat or sulphated they still can be charged.

On my old charger a flat battery could be brought back my adding a load to the battery

Brit Biker with Triumphs and a love of Italians.
138 You are my best friend too.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RedB4 is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Established Member
 
Bootworks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern California
Posts: 204
There's also a technique of 'shocking' a battery to break up the crystals...It involves short pulses of 24v. Some, rumor has it, will freeze a battery then tap it rhythmically to break up said crystals.
But, having had to trailer my bike home twice before, I have to say: "Happiness is a reliable battery...and new tyres!" When you leave home, isn't it nice to know you can rely on your MV to bring you back?


Bootworks is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 12:45 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
910BrutaleHydrogen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Lier
Posts: 982
New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedB4 View Post
A battery can last longer than 2 years...it also depends on your charger...some intelligent chargers can bring batteries back to life, others can not

If the battery has gone flat or sulphated they still can be charged.

On my old charger a flat battery could be brought back my adding a load to the battery
I`m using the standard charger that came with the bike. But to secured me I will buy a new battey.

Or maybe the dealer gives me a new one.
910BrutaleHydrogen is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Belloq's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Norway
Posts: 327
Hey, nice to se a fellow norwegian here

By a optimate 4 for recharging your battery and use it every time you not use your bike for a long time., cost something like 750 kroner. The original one sucks big time. and yes if the battery isent charged over the loooooong cold winter we have, they may not work when spring time comes.
Belloq is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
910BrutaleHydrogen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Lier
Posts: 982
New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belloq View Post
Hey, nice to se a fellow norwegian here

By a optimate 4 for recharging your battery and use it every time you not use your bike for a long time., cost something like 750 kroner. The original one sucks big time. and yes if the battery isent charged over the loooooong cold winter we have, they may not work when spring time comes.
Yes, I have not been very active over the past yaer. Where in the vast country are you from?

Now i use The original charger supplied with the bike. So you recommend an Optima 4 instead of the MV charger?
910BrutaleHydrogen is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 02:48 PM
Senior Member
 
RedB4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South East England
Posts: 417
I would not bother with the MV charger, there are some very good ones on the market...look for intelligent chargers........then if you have power in your garage then plug it in all the time

Brit Biker with Triumphs and a love of Italians.
138 You are my best friend too.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RedB4 is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 12:05 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
910BrutaleHydrogen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Lier
Posts: 982
New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedB4 View Post
I would not bother with the MV charger, there are some very good ones on the market...look for intelligent chargers........then if you have power in your garage then plug it in all the time
Do you have someone you would recommend?
910BrutaleHydrogen is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome