Taming the Bronco - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Taming the Bronco

When I purchased my '06 Brutale S in Scotsdale, AZ late August last year I rode it home to the San Francisco Bay Area. It was a wild bronco ride, the suspension harsh and abrupt, throttle response twitchy, and handling less than confidence inspiring. This bike only had a few hundred miles then; A couple of small issues caused me to have to trailer this MV home and I started to question the wisdom of this purchase. But after sorting things out (easy fixes) I found this new compulsion to bling this bike out while riding mostly my Ducati and BMW. I ended up taking the Brute to 'AfterShocks' and having Phil sort out the suspension: Re-sprung, re-valved and improved while still keeping its character. A new set of Michelin 'Pures' finally tamed the beast! In part I think it's been a mutual adaptation, but todays' ride was pure joy! Just set a 'Shook' pack as a tankbag and planning on a 1,400 mile tour of Northern California come Memorial Day, end of May, on the Brutale. Just came back from a 1,100 mile California back roads tour on the Duc...But this is the first time I feel confident enough to take the Brut on another walkabout. Maybe the bronco just needed taming!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 09:31 PM
Established Member

Part of the fun is taming the bronco! How do you like those Pures? thinking about picking up a set soon. Greatest bike period, once a few issues are resolved.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 11:26 PM

It was one of those days perhaps. If you were in a cautious/relaxed/philosophical mood that bronco character would jump out on you, unpleasantly maybe. But change your mood and suddenly it's a night and day difference. Personally all those quirks and abruptness make me scream with joy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-01-2010, 09:55 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
Part of the fun is taming the bronco! How do you like those Pures? thinking about picking up a set soon. Greatest bike period, once a few issues are resolved.
The 'Pures' completed the transformation: They're considerably lighter than comparable tires and the profile lends itself to the character of this bike and the roads (and style of riding) I prefer. The OEM tires were replaced at 2,600 miles with these and the difference is profound, very confidence inspiring. For whatever the reason these Michelins prefer 36 lbs, not the 33 recommended by MV.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 12:27 AM

Bootworks, might you be up for a riding partner for part (or all) of that tour? I've got about 1,700 miles left until my 15k service and looks like I'm taking that week off anyway, so this would be a great way to make up for the upcoming dent in my wallet... Cheers! -m

'06 MV Brutale 910
'00 Monster 900Sie (sold)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

shiggedy: you have a PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode