Taking the ERC tomorrow - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Taking the ERC tomorrow

My Brutale and me are going to get acquainted tomorrow at a MSF Experienced Riders Class. I'm a bit concerned about my handling skills which are sorely lacking on the Brutale. The very fast steering, not overly generous friction zone, and on-off nature of the throttle makes me fearful that if I don't pay attention I can easily drop the bike doing the slow speed exercises. To add to the concern, I've only had the bike for two weeks and haven't had a chance to get to really know it. The previous owner has the suspension set for his tastes - he's six inches taller than me and weighs 20 pounds less (ahh, to be young again).

I'll report back after the class, but any suggestions about low speed handling will be appreciated.

"When in doubt - hit the throttle, you'll either solve the problem or remove the suspense."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 07:10 PM

ERC is a breeze, don't let your nerves get to you...seriously. If your really sketch about it, go do a few reduced radius turns/circles in a parking lot, conduct a weave, and practice stopping in short distances. ERC pretty much is what you do in every day riding, shy of some guys giving you a little coaching.

I think you mainly will have to deal with the instructors and students jocking your bike.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 08:31 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
No one could reasonably offer a suggestion on how to set up your suspension unless you know how it is set up now. What were the previous owners tastes?

At a minimum if the steering feels too "fast" use the ride height adjuster to lower the back of the bike. I offer that suggestion guardedly, however.

If it were me, I would set the ride height to the factory recommended specs, then set compression and rebound for the soft positions front and rear. Compression and rebound settings are in the manual. At least then you know the suspension is as compliant as it can be and may be more in tune with a gentleman has attained a degree of maturity in years.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode