First Trackday! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 03:17 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
First Trackday!

Hi all! Just spent the last couple of hours getting the Brutale ready for my first ever full track day after a year of ownership! Im AMP'd and ready to rock... cant. wait. for. tomorrow.

Going to a MotoTT trackday at Taupo, New Zealand

Man, dont these things look great without the number plate on...

PS: Sorry about the piss poor iphone pics.
Attached Images

Cheers, Simon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Brutale 990R LE - Number 121/500
Brutale 910R

New Zealand MV Owners Group: For more info, go to the NZMV our website
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to join our mailing list & find us on Facebook.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 03:39 AM
Established Member

looks MEAN! Did you get a lot of performance gains from that pipe?
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 04:07 AM

slick mate, looks fast, have a great time and be sure to get pics up and a rundown of the day, i'll be very interested to see how you went.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 04:28 AM

New Site Garage
Thumbs up Have a Ball

Looks great, have a ball and remember to drop those tyre pressures below 30psi. Have you got tyre warmers? If you do start at about 29 rear with about 31 front-HOT.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 05:48 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
Looks great, have a ball and remember to drop those tyre pressures below 30psi. Have you got tyre warmers? If you do start at about 29 rear with about 31 front-HOT.
Thanks guys. Re tyre pressure... No tyre warmers so was going to run about your suggestion for the first session, let them warm up and then redo immediately following.

Cheers, Simon

Brutale 910R

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 02:24 PM

I race an SV with those tires.. You want the rear to be around 26psi and the front 29.

Have fun!!
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 04:20 PM
Established Member

nice! looks just like mine! what did you use to cover the headlights?
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 01:06 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
What a great freaken day... a little cool in Taupo when we got there, and we missed the first session (boo), but the track was still quite cold so no real worries. First couple of sessions were a bit hit and miss for me, tyres were cold and had never run the low pressures before (read below) and trying to remember and put together all the Keith Code school bi. Then we got a bit of sun onto the track, relaxed quite a bit and WOW! 3rd session exploded for me! I was taking corners correct, passing others, keeping up with a mate (675 daytona) and having an abolsute blast! it finished so fast, and got a few comments: "Wow that thing takes off", "you just pulled away in thru the tight stuff", "what the fuck is that thing..." 4th session found out that supercorsa's dont work so well when cold... that was interesting, but stayed on the track. Fucked up turn 1 quite a lot until I relaxed again - got it! then fucked it up again next time - LOL! Cooled it down for the last session and focused on the school lessons again and went nice and smooth (but no quite so fast)... fuel light came on at 130kms!!!

All in all a great day with quite abit of track time. My humble suggestion to others? RELAX!!

Best comment of the day: "Good to see you trashing that thing out on the track, dont know if I hate the look or love it... bit like art isnt it!!?" - he didnt even know our tag line is "Motorcycle Art"!!!!

Discussion on the way home: What bike would i buy next? i was asked.... Another Brutale was the answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan23 View Post
I race an SV with those tires.. You want the rear to be around 26psi and the front 29.
With a SC0 at the front and SC2 at the rear, i got told to use 25 front, 26 rear cold... which i said "you sure?"... "YEP!" you have supercorsa's, they work differently than other tyres... Once warmed up pressures were 30 front, 29 rear and felt YUMMY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john224 View Post
nice! looks just like mine! what did you use to cover the headlights?
I got some duck tape (easy peel off) and just covered it in strips from the middle up and then out. A sharp knife to cut the edges and then disconnected the front light. Worked out quite well i think... in keeping with the bike colours even.

Thanks for the good support guys!

Cheers

Simon
Attached Images

Cheers, Simon

Brutale 910R

Last edited by greminn; 05-02-2010 at 02:13 AM.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 04:20 AM

Sounds like you had a blast and the comments you got sure sound great....Man I wish I could take mine to a track
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 04:38 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
Sounds like you had a blast and the comments you got sure sound great....Man I wish I could take mine to a track
Thanks sarge.. surely there is a track somewhere near you?

Cheers, Simon

Brutale 910R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode