Test Ride On A 990 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

Test Ride On A 990

HAD A GREAT DAY TODAY, RODE A NEW 990 BRUTALE.
FIRST I AM NOT A PRO TESTER, I HAVE OWNED A 2000 F4 AND 2006
BRUTE AND THE RIDE WAS ONLY 20 MIN.THANKS TO THE DEALER FOR
THE CHANCE TO GIT TO KNOW THE BIKE A LITTLE. FIRST IT'S A BIGGER BIKE (TALLER) REACH TO THE BARS (VERY NICE, COMFY) TRANS (SLICK)
FROM A B GRADE TO A B+. THE REST SEEMS TO BE VERY CLOSE TO THE 06S. MY THINKING (my wife sometimes questions) is that i would pay
50% more money for a bike that was 20% better (it is what money does today) BUT NOT 100% MORE MONEY THAN THE TRADE, FOR MABEY A
15% MORE BIKE. 7600 TRADE 7600 CASH+. JUST MY THINKING NOT
TRYING TO OFFEND ANYONE. WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR THINKING ON
THE MATTER....MABEY I'LL TEST THE 1090...THANKS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 04:17 PM

One suggestion: next time, try turning off the "caps lock"

2008 Brutale 910s
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 04:23 PM

Well, you definitely don't buy it because of "value" (quality/price). So I'd say it'd be the one that you enjoy the most. If the difference is even 1% more bike and it's an MV then just go for it.
I for one think that with the 1090 at least aesthetics-wise they shy away from the raw aggro ideal of the previous models and turn the bike into a fashion toy to which its legendary character is secondary.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 05:44 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck View Post
Well, you definitely don't buy it because of "value" (quality/price). So I'd say it'd be the one that you enjoy the most. If the difference is even 1% more bike and it's an MV then just go for it.
I for one think that with the 1090 at least aesthetics-wise they shy away from the raw aggro ideal of the previous models and turn the bike into a fashion toy to which its legendary character is secondary.
Agree with you on one part. You buy a car with your head and a bike with your heart.

But..............
I have just taken delivery today of my new 1090RR after test riding (Mates Bike) a 910. Wow what a bike, totally different machine, slick gear box, amazing chassis, incredible brakes and an amazingly smooth power delivery. They have kept the MV soul but got rid of all the niggles. Mirrors that work and an engine map that works in town but delivers incredible thrills on the open road. Worth every penny.

The 1090RR will go down in history as an absolute classic, almost certainly the best bike MV have ever produced.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIAMOND1 View Post
HAD A GREAT DAY TODAY, RODE A NEW 990 BRUTALE.
FIRST I AM NOT A PRO TESTER, I HAVE OWNED A 2000 F4 AND 2006
BRUTE AND THE RIDE WAS ONLY 20 MIN.THANKS TO THE DEALER FOR
THE CHANCE TO GIT TO KNOW THE BIKE A LITTLE. FIRST IT'S A BIGGER BIKE (TALLER) REACH TO THE BARS (VERY NICE, COMFY) TRANS (SLICK)
FROM A B GRADE TO A B+. THE REST SEEMS TO BE VERY CLOSE TO THE 06S. MY THINKING (my wife sometimes questions) is that i would pay
50% more money for a bike that was 20% better (it is what money does today) BUT NOT 100% MORE MONEY THAN THE TRADE, FOR MABEY A
15% MORE BIKE. 7600 TRADE 7600 CASH+. JUST MY THINKING NOT
TRYING TO OFFEND ANYONE. WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR THINKING ON
THE MATTER....MABEY I'LL TEST THE 1090...THANKS
Did you go to fast by ferracci? I called them a while ago about test driving the new brutale and they said no demos on the Mvs. They have demos now?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 12:44 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabo0569 View Post
Did you go to fast by ferracci? I called them a while ago about test driving the new brutale and they said no demos on the Mvs. They have demos now?
They have a 990 in, rode it a few weeks ago. But that may be because I already bought one from them *grin*

-Gle8
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gle8 View Post
They have a 990 in, rode it a few weeks ago. But that may be because I already bought one from them *grin*
That is what I though. I might have to go in person one of this weekends see if they let me.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 02:45 PM
Established Member

I trest rode the 990 as well. It is sitting out front ready to be driven. They are not going to have a demo of the 1090 though...shame.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode