Brutale help - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 06:29 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Brutale help

I have become obsessed with getting a Brutale. I have an opportunity to get a brand new 1078R for 13,800 (plus taxes) and need to ship it for 500 bucks. I can also get a 2010 990 for 15,000. I know there was a lot of changes from 09 to 10, which is the better bike?

The true man wants two things: danger and
play. For that reason he wants woman, as the
most dangerous plaything. - Friedrich Nietzsche
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 06:44 AM

I got mine when it first hit the show room floors in the US for 16,000 plus tax and a really good trade in on my 750. so I don`t know if that is such a great deal. Perhaps you should take them both for a ride. They know that you are going to take one of them.

B750 and B1078 RR both gone now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."~Mark Twain
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdamb View Post
I got mine when it first hit the show room floors in the US for 16,000 plus tax and a really good trade in on my 750. so I don`t know if that is such a great deal. Perhaps you should take them both for a ride. They know that you are going to take one of them.
So you think that 13,800 is too much?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 10:57 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Can't comment much on the 990 vs 1078 part, but as far as pricing:

In my quest for a Brutale 1078RR, I had done a good bit of looking and research. As recently as a couple weeks back here in SoCal, a dealer had 2 new 1078RRs and the asking price hanging on the handlebars was $13.5k. We didn't come to a deal as they didn't move off of that price and for some reason, they were encouraging me towards a slightly used (~200miles) one that they had. I ultimately purchased from a different dealer for a little bit less.

Don't know how prices compare from coast-to-coast, but they should be able to come down a bit.

** DO or DO NOT; there is no TRY ** There is no way to happiness; happiness is the way **

B4 1078RR
996 X50
958.2 GTS
FZJ80
1500 EcoDiesel 4x4
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 11:21 AM

You really need to take a ride on each of them to see which you prefer. Reviews and reports suggest the 990 and 1090 are more 'user friendly' having a much less 'snatchy' throttle also some cosmetic changes which you may or may not prefer. It is also a little 'roomier'. The 1078 rr has much more character, the original timeless MV design, mad as a box of frogs and the only gripe I have is the 'snatchy' throttle which can be cured with a 'microtek ECU'. Each to his own but for me the 1078rr is awesome and I'd have it over anything else every time. Brian.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Oddly, I may have scored an 07 910R (what I really wanted). I am waiting to hear back from the seller. Bike has about 1200 mi on it.

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 01:17 PM
Established Member

There is a 910R offered on a very popular auction site that seems very cheap. Latest offer was $7,300 for a 2007 with 2,500 miles on it.

"When in doubt - hit the throttle, you'll either solve the problem or remove the suspense."
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lencap View Post
There is a 910R offered on a very popular auction site that seems very cheap. Latest offer was $7,300 for a 2007 with 2,500 miles on it.
Yes, I have the bid at 7200 but it is days away from ending. I called the guy and he wants 9500 for it. I have an 08 near my house (no corse exhaust of course) with less miles for 10,500. I will watch and see where it goes, but if I can land this other bike for 8500.00, then I am going to go for it.

Thanks

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

I got it! 2007 Brutale 910R with 1698 miles, black, corse exhaust and stock exhaust. I don't think anything else is on it. The dealer said it virtually anew bike.

I hope to have it shipped to me by next weekend!

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 03:37 PM
Established Member

Very nice purchase - enjoy it!!

"When in doubt - hit the throttle, you'll either solve the problem or remove the suspense."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode