Lagacy Problems???? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Lagacy Problems????

I guess I'll just ask the question now...what legacy issues (if any) do I need to look out for with the MV Brutale??? I have been hit with every annoying legacy Ducati problem so far with my 2009 1198s.

Radiator just sprung a leak top left corner. This is an issue I have been reading about going back numerous models. It's pathetic that Ducati just wait until the bike goes until they repair, it's an enourmous legacy problem....they are obvisouly hoping the warranty runs out first, and becasue it's really "deadly" they won't recall, just inconvenience while your radiadiator replacement (which may also go) is in the slow ship out.... Back to shop for a couple weeks during spring..Thanks a $%^& of a lot, especially after jut pulling it out w days ago for 1 yr annual check up and SCREETCHING CLUTCH repair......Bastards! BE WARNED.

I hope the MV turns out to be less a hassle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 08:24 PM

check to make sure your headlight is tight in the case- some are loose and fall out. Check your side stand bolts, some are loose and fall out. when changing the battery, triple check to make sure the polarity is correct. Check to see if you have front tire - it's not often on it and it may have fallen off and you may not have noticed
enjoy!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thanks for that....Thankfully I already stole your front tire in case mine falls off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 08:55 PM

New Site Garage
Hi Squid - welcome to the forum.
Older Brutales 'occasionally' encounter a problem with what is called the SPU (Service Power Unit). It is the black-box fuse controller and manages the majority of electronics (not to be confused with the ECU). It is replaceable and costs around 300 EU if you buy through one of the sponsors.

Symptons: indicators not working, head-light, bike wont stop when turned-off...and other electronic items. SPU cannot be repaired, must be replaced. It's a spurious item and once the SPU's been replaced (if it fails), I've not heard of it ever failing twice.

If the bike is serviced regularly - then all feedback I've seen on the forum has been very positive.

Cheers

Tim
Current
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 910R - Track Bike
Harley-Davidson Street Glide Rushmore
Harley-Davidson Road Glide Rushmore

Past
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 990R LE Anniversary Edition #81/150
MV Agusta Brutale 750s
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thanks for that cruiser. My blown radiator just blew my weekend ride as I am waiting for delivery of my 1090. won't be until next week. oh well.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 09:22 PM

New Site Garage
Hey Squid - no problems....but perhaps if you'd said you were waiting on a 1090 to be delivered...we'd be responding differently !! - fantastic and that's awesome.

We (the world-wide forum) can't wait to hear about your experience on the new model !

...my comments relate to legacy (pre-loved bikes) and moreso to the older models (07 and prior)

Cheers

Tim
Current
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR

Past
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 750s
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

No probs, I bot it last weekend. I originally bought the bmws1000rr but dropped it due to poor build quality. I test rode the 990 and 1090. I have to admit, that 990 rocks. On street conditions, I couldn't really tell the difference between the 990 and 1090. It should be delivered next week, I'm pushing for sooner as I have no friggen bike right now.

Thx.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 02:13 AM

SQUID... Your Points are the same as mine...

I had 1098 08 4 radiators went defective same issue you had
I have a hyper... plenty small time issues... as well...
As for S1000rr Its an amazing bike... but the built quality sucks especially compared to HP2 etc... the testbike I rode already had the fairing bolts backing off... I've been contemplating 1090 or Streetfighter... Ive been leaning towards the Brute due to all the little issue with the Streetfighter... but havent heard anything issues about the Brute yet... let me know what you think...

All the best,
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

I just popped my gasket over on Ducati-spot. I'm taking my 1198s in today, with the leaking radiator and FARKING trading it in for an F-4 TODAY. I'll have the brutale and the new F-4. FUKK Ducati. Sorry for swearing but they have known about the radiatior issue since at least 2007 and I will not have another shit leaking radiator put in my bike, if they would at least address the issue it would be different.. This is APRIL, prime riding season and I have no damn bike as my Brutale will not ready to pick up until next week.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 08:45 PM

New Site Garage
Welcome to the family Squid - looking forward to seeing the photos posted !!

Tim
Current
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR

Past
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 750s

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode