Brutale rearsets - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 12:23 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Brutale rearsets

OK give me your opinions on the rearsets available for the Brutale. I know some of you have Rizmo and at least 1 Sato pair exists out there.

Tell me the pro's and con's, appearance, etc. It's probably my next purchase as I'd really like a little more adjustment, especially lower. I have my pegs as low as they will go know, but would like more down and back adjustment.

Pictures are even better along with your personal experiences.

Thanks in advance.

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 12:38 AM

sato rearsets can go pretty low. however, it's hard to use the sato's heel protectors because they rub up against the exhaust and i had to use the original set. also, if you use the original set of heel protectors, you may have an issue if you go too low on the setting adjustments because, again, it will bump up against the exhaust. i had a problem with the shift pedal because it was too far from the peg for my taste. also, i must have installed it incorrectly, but the original shift pedal is not attached to the rearset so when i installed the sato the shifting pattern was reversed (i.e., up 1 = 1st gear, then down, down, down for higher gears). but since I didn't like the distance of the peg to shift pedal, i didn't fix it and decided to go with the original shift pedal. what i got was a better pair of pegs with much better grip, and that's what i was looking for. i recommend that you buy from a place that has a good return policy for any rearsets because you really have to put them on and try them out.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 12:42 AM
The Dude

herrsonic: do you have some pics of the Sato's?

I'm looking to put these on the brutale as well. Curious about the 'touching the exhaust' thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 12:48 AM

ok, i'll try to get pictures next week. too busy this week.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by herrsonic
ok, i'll try to get pictures next week. too busy this week.
you ripped MV a new ass and disrespected the shit out of MV on another forum today, and yet you post here........... did someone steal your login info?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Seven
you ripped MV a new ass and disrespected the shit out of MV on another forum today, and yet you post here........... did someone steal your login info?
My opinion of MV is certainly my own. I still own 2 MVs so at least I am entitled to post here of my experience, and I think I can make a contribution somewhat. People here who have read my past posts know how I feel about the exhaust situation as well and I'm not happy about it. Sometimes I joke, but I'll say it again that I'm not happy about the exhaust situation or for MV's silence on the matter. But I really hold no allegiance or rigid devotion to a manufacturer, whether it's MV or not. I would feel and say the same thing about Sunbeam if my toaster wasn't as I expected. I also visit some of the specialized Ducati forums and accept people who criticize Ducati as well. Like I said, people have heard my rant here before so I'm NOT going to stuff it down their throat over and over again. But if people asks about stuff like sato rearsets for the MV which I have, I'll give my honest opinion as well and try to post some pictures when someone asks. It's not personal towards any one person nor is it hypocritical. For the most part, the bike is just a machine to me, but it is also a product. And in that regard, I expect the product to provide things such as good customer support and consideration to its buyers.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 07:37 AM

I have the Rizoma rearsets. I can post some pics when I get home tonight. They offer a good amount of adjustability. In addition, the shifting is noticeably smoother. I thought this was my imagination until John T (AirFuel) noticed the same thing after installing his. The quality is top notch, as you would expect.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anucci
I have the Rizoma rearsets. I can post some pics when I get home tonight. They offer a good amount of adjustability. In addition, the shifting is noticeably smoother. I thought this was my imagination until John T (AirFuel) noticed the same thing after installing his. The quality is top notch, as you would expect.
Anucci, are the rizomas adjustable down and back or only up and back?

If down, how much down compared to stock? Thanks!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 916SPS
Anucci, are the rizomas adjustable down and back or only up and back?

If down, how much down compared to stock? Thanks!
They are adjustable down and back, but to be honest, I am not sure how much. I bought them mainly because I hated the grip offered by the stock rearsets. My boots were always slipping on them. Here is a link to a thread I started that shows my rearsets after the install.

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1755
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anucci
They are adjustable down and back, but to be honest, I am not sure how much. I bought them mainly because I hated the grip offered by the stock rearsets. My boots were always slipping on them. Here is a link to a thread I started that shows my rearsets after the install.

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1755
Thanks, the pics in your other thread help a lot!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode