Tank Bag or No Tank Bag??? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Tank Bag or No Tank Bag???

OK, being a new guy here, I'm going out on a limb. Don't flame me too badly.

So with the limited cargo space under the seat and not liking carrying my wallet, house keys, sunglasses case, etc in my jacket pockets, I got a tank bag. I use the Chicane EX Canyon. Great bag - and no, I have no affiliation with them other than being a very satisfied customer.
http://www.chicaneusa.com/canyonex.htm

So tank bags - yea or nay? I hate messing with the lines of my Brutale, but sometimes I just need a place to store stuff! What do you guys do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 01:13 PM
Wink

I'm a credit card and toothbrush only type. I travel light, but each to their own. Don't forget if you take a lady with you, you will need at least a pair of throw over panniers too and that's just for her shoes!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 01:17 PM

I prefer my magnetic tank bag on the F4. Just grab it and go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 01:20 PM
Ambassador / 007

Waiting for new bike

Send a message via Skype™ to pigiolino
Welcome,I understood your problem I have also.I wear a little bag under my shoulder.May you post pics with bag on your bike?
Pier

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigiolino
Welcome,I understood your problem I have also.I wear a little bag under my shoulder.May you post pics with bag on your bike?
Pier
I'll definitely post some pics of the bike with and without the tankbag. I've been slacking when it comes to getting pics up and my bike in the registry.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 04:33 PM
Established Member

Without being all sacrilegious, I'd recommend a tank bag if you commute daily, as I do. I bring all of the goodies with me to work and it's great that I can attach/detach as needed. Yes, I'm aware that it takes away from the beautiful tank but I have to be practical. I used to carry a book bag on my shoulders but it prevented me from moving around freely. And, the weight of my stuff in the bag sagged eventually chafed the pillion seat. I bought both the bra and tank bag (in red no less) from eMoto: http://www.emotouk.com/mvagusta/brutalebaglux.htm. Works wonders.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 05:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
I always pack light...I complain about carrying a backpack with my rain gear in it if I suspect a possibility of rain for the journey home....or hell, even the journey there!

As gay as it sounds and looks...realisticly thinking, unless you're touring, buy a fanny pack. I know MV makes one, adn it doesn't look so bad. You can put it backwards when you're actually riding the bike, so it's not in the way. That should hold all of what you're talking about... But please do us all a favor, and don't wear it when you're around us

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oicdn

As gay as it sounds and looks... But please do us all a favor, and don't wear it when you're around us
Sooooo, this is your argument FOR a fanny pack? LOL

I think I'll stick with my tank bag. Besides, I like having the ability to throw stuff in there if I'm out running an errand or two - hey, it's not all twisties all the time.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 07:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
Ahh...see I thought all you had were those small things...just trying to give you an option to stay light...

but yeah....they're ghey, but oh so utilitarian...

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 07:35 PM
The Dude

I have a couple different fanny pack/bum bags. One is pretty small for essentials, the other is larger, can hold a map-book thing, extra visor, water, etc. I used that on the F4 and it really messed up the rear (single seat). Had it polished over, so no damage at all, but scared the crap out of me.

I don't have a tank bag at all for the MV. I guess i'd think about it, would be useful.

I've recently bought this other bag that actually has a strap around the waist and the other on the leg, so it attaches to your right leg on your thigh. Haven't gone out with it yet, but would be safer I think than having a fanny pack strapped to your back if you go down. It's also more accessible (japan has lots of tolls) to pay for things.

I'll try to get some pics of this later.

Mind you, this is not for commuting or anything, just for a day ride out. Commuting a backpack works for me. but i don't have far to go...and normally take a scooter anyway....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode