Brutale 750 fuel consumption - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

Brutale 750 fuel consumption

My '04 Brutale S is fitted with an Arrow shorty and midpipe, an Arrow ECU and a DNA air filter. For the past few years I've been riding without the baffle insert in the pipe. I bought the bike without the insert installed, and its been sitting in a box unused.

As old age sets in and the ringing in my ears gets worse, I've decided to put the baffle insert in. I've now done 2 tanks of fuel with the insert in place.

In the past, I've never got more than 190km to a tank before the low fuel light comes on. Last weekend I went to the Broadford festival (see http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29984 ) and, at 230km, still no light. Admittedly, I was riding on the Easter weekend when the high police presence kept us to the posted highway limits (100-110km/h) so my riding was pretty smooth.

I filled up this morning - 14.3 litres. If the specs are right, I still had a litre before reserve, so 250km from a tank looks possible.

So here's my question. Is any of this miraculous improvement the result of choking off the exhaust, or is it just the product of a gentler throttle hand? Or is it time for a new fuel level sensor?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010, 09:59 PM

With my F4750 I rode from my home to my mothers 8 hours away and I averaged 43 mpg and averaged around 90 mph on the interstate. I'm not sure what that works out to be in km but I was pretty suprised I got that good of mileage.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Take off your pants and jacket

01 750S W/1000R engine
01 Ducati 748 W/853 kit
03 Yamaha R1 (SOLD)
01 Kawasaki KX 125
88 Yamaha YSR 50
01 Yamaha R6
03 Suzuki DRZ pitbike
1982 Honda 110 atc
Yamaha PW50
1978 Honda 90 atc
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700
2008 Yamaha Raptor 660
1975 Kawasaki G5 100
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 04:27 PM

How you ride and conditions make a big difference. I commute and use the bike for everything else pretty much. The numbers below are always consistent.

I can't imagine putting in baffles would change your economy significantly. It would be either how you rode or the traffic conditions which attributed to such a large improvement.

CBR1000
Peak Hour commuting - 7.5L/100km
Weekend thrash - 7L/100km
Open road cruise - 5.5L/100km

Ducati S4R
Peak Hour commuting - 10L/100km
Weekend thrash - 8.5L/100km
Open road cruise - 7L/100km
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 04:48 PM

Depends if the wind is behind you : )

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode