I Rode the Brutale Oro - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 12:25 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

I Rode the Brutale Oro

The angles were awkward on the ramp that I fit to my front porch. Partially built from extra wood and the original wood planks for which the Oro was shipped, stood the gateway to the road. My brother and I carefully, and mildly impatient on my part, took the collector's item from my living room on to the concrete sidewalk in front of my home.

I thought twice, thirds...and essentially a hundred times before I rode her. The temptation was too much for me to resist and I had to feel the brutal beast for my self. The seat was firm and fit me well. I kept my body leaned forward about the bike pretending she was on. I liked it. I loved it. Having practiced on a 250 Ninja for only 4 months I could immediately feel how she was meant to go faster and stronger by nature. I turned the key and to my lack of surprise, I had let the battery run dead. I had no tender and no means of jumping her. My dad, still wrapping up cancer treatment, and an owner of a 2007 F4, told me to use my car for the jump. Only attaching the cables and not starting the engine. The little jetta held my dad's promise and the brutale started up.

The whiz of the 4 cylinders was apparent and the deep exhaust upon twisting the throttle was admirable. My friend a combat medic and veteran as well, smiled as the bike brumbled in the lawn.

She's easier to ride than the 250. She does not try to stall on me, she stops when I want her to, and she responds to my body posture. I lean and she leans. Is she attached to me? The manual says no more than 6000rpm for the first 600. So I promised the manual and the expensive motorcycle that I would do just that--not go above the "ride in" recommendations.

But 6,000 rpms in third or forth gear was all it took to make a growing distance between me and the Porsche that instigated a stop light show of enthusiasm. Even if I wasn't on an MV I could accelerate faster than this SUV, GT or not. Still the whip of the motor was unrelenting. I was thankful for the swoop in the seat, as it caught my ass during acceleration. My feet felt the perfect distance, that is the shifter was exactly where it needed to be for my feet which support my 6 foot 2 frame. Still I was a little bigger than I think the bike should mold. I felt just a tad discomfort as I hunched over the gas tank my head coming even with the instrument panel.

She is massive but responsive. I can feel the road through the tight suspension--I like it that way I suppose. Still taking it easy on the now 6 year old tires, I started to lean more heavily into turns. She respected my conservative riding but she enjoyed my bursts of flight. The owner's manual recommends changing the speed frequently. I did.

Owner's manual. Is this real? I own this bike. I own my own car and my own home. I don't think this is supposed to happen. I ran away at 16 with nothing--then again I ran away from a bitter poor broken home. How I manage to be so brutally honest on an open forum is beyond me, but I feel like for the first time, people respond to what I have to say. My last post, "Got my first oro today" has over 4,000 view and nearly 200 comments. People care--old concept but it's quite new to me.

Just as my thoughts flip back and forth with my upbringing so too does the thought of my bike on the road. It has 50Km on it now, I bought it with 6km. It's an oro, and it's mine. I have chills down both arms right now because I know this bike means something. I'll keep riding it but not at any great frequency. I want the trill to be preserved. I want every ride to be like my first ride.

Thank you everyone for helping me realize that this is the best choice I've made in my nearly 25 years of life.

And as a side note, I'll ride another 1000miles on the 250 before the Oro sees my streets again. And this month I'm registered to take the Motorcycle Safety Course.

~Johnny
Attached Images

1989 Feber/Honda CS 6 Volt, 1.5mA
1972 Motomorni 50cc
2004 Kawasaki Ex 250
1997 Kawasaki ZX6R
2001 Kawasaki ZX6R
2006 Yamaha R6s
2004 MV Agusta Brutale Oro

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 01:03 AM

New Site Garage
Somebody just fell in love....
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 12:29 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
"And as a side note, I'll ride another 1000miles on the 250 before the Oro sees my streets again. And this month I'm registered to take the Motorcycle Safety Course."

Glad to see this last note.

And a nice write up of your first ride.....I, too, am in love with my Brutale (Gina is her name).

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
"And as a side note, I'll ride another 1000miles on the 250 before the Oro sees my streets again. And this month I'm registered to take the Motorcycle Safety Course."

Glad to see this last note.

And a nice write up of your first ride.....I, too, am in love with my Brutale (Gina is her name).
+100. And replace the tires.

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 11:20 PM

New Site Garage
Congratulations Johhny...I think we can all tell you're going to care of that precious machinery.

+ 1

Tim
Current
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 910R - Track Bike
Harley-Davidson Street Glide Rushmore
Harley-Davidson Road Glide Rushmore

Past
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 990R LE Anniversary Edition #81/150
MV Agusta Brutale 750s
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazer6 View Post
+100. And replace the tires.
Are you still on those tyres...omg , be careful.
+1 on the rest , take care for her
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 01:07 AM

Johnny

Your note was beautiful and touching...glad that you led with your heart. Congrats on being able to put your feelings into words and allowing passion to drive your life. MV's help that process, which is why this community is so cool (and smart) if you have never spent time on any other bike or car site, trust me, no need to bother, they aren't like this.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 01:13 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB Graves View Post
Johnny

Your note was beautiful and touching...glad that you led with your heart. Congrats on being able to put your feelings into words and allowing passion to drive your life. MV's help that process, which is why this community is so cool (and smart) if you have never spent time on any other bike or car site, trust me, no need to bother, they aren't like this.
I read your final comment as "if you have never spent time on any other bike, trust me, no need to bother, they aren't like this."! and thought - so true! then read it again and thought: they are both true!

Cheers, Simon

Brutale 990R LE - Number 121/500
Brutale 910R

New Zealand MV Owners Group: For more info, go to the NZMV our website
to join our mailing list & find us on Facebook.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 12:41 PM

Nice write up. You could post some more photos...

Take care of her and yourself, you don't run into an Oro everyday. It is the only Brutale Limited Edition to date!
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihaSLO View Post
Nice write up. You could post some more photos...

Take care of her and yourself, you don't run into an Oro everyday. It is the only Brutale Limited Edition to date!

Euhhh ??? , starfighter , America , Italia , Hydrogen........

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode