Brutale 1078RR OR 910R what..... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 03:49 AM Thread Starter

Brutale 1078RR OR 910R what.....

... does the MV massive think or Interested to hear opinions on the differences between these two - Love the 910R I've got now and it's only 8 months old BUT prices on new 1078s are good and there won't be new ones around for that much longer (not considering 990 or 1090 cos love the box of Frogs character of the 910R)

Wish I could have both of course but

Last edited by Totale; 03-26-2010 at 07:00 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 09:33 AM

I thought about this when the 1078 came out but the only thing I could see was that you would have more power which you cannot use in a street setting. I really see no advantage over the 910R. I would take the money I saved by not trading and putting an Ohlins shock on the 910R. I put an Ohlins on mine and it was the best money I have spent on a bike in a long time. The bike handles a lot better with a compliant suspension matched to my weight.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 01:10 AM

I had a 910R and now have a 1078RR I got discounted new. Suspension works better for me, stock mapping is more friendly although I have a microtec ECU in mine now, and the engine is a torque monster which suits my riding style better. Whack it in 6th, twist and go and leave everything behind. No tap dancing required here.

I also LOVE the slipper clutch. I always wanted a 1078RR anyway so I am biased. Can not argue with those who say its not worth it though as it as a bunch of cash but each to their own. I could not be happier. Its a real beast of a bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 08:48 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys - seems to be a consensus that the 910R has overly firm suspension. Davman, given you are in Perth have you noticed any hotter running temperature with the 1078 over the 910? - or have you got the latest impeller fitted....
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 05:20 AM

In the last few weeks we have been in the high 30's and the bike runs up to 105 if you let it stand for a while. Got up to 106 once and that about it. Think my 910R used to run a tad cooler but not much.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 01:01 AM Thread Starter

Cheers guys - deed is done - couple of weeks to wait and then I'll post comparative observations
Note to self - stop wishing my life away

Last edited by Totale; 04-02-2010 at 01:07 AM.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 01:05 AM
Established Member

I got a 910R and just put on a Microtek and Corse Ti exhaust..can't imagine need for more power. I am at 130 HP at the RW. Also very good idea to do the suspension, since it is way stiff on the 910. Revalved the forks and just placed a Nitron Race shock on it, the reviews forthcoming...
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 02:57 PM

Excellent!... looking forward to your thoughts on the Nitron shock as I've shortlisted it for a Christmas/birthday present.....any excuse will do!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 07:18 AM Thread Starter

Well collected it and have done first 100 miles so can't really say that much yet..
Front end much more forgiving (plush may be better word) than the 910R but seems you can still brake right into corners OK - don't want it getting any softer than it is now mind. Back end seems to be bit on firm side but that is probably as the 910 was when it was new - will see how it settles after a few more miles before I consider any adjustments - Cant really say too much about 1078 over 910 power/torque wise yet - being reasonably gentle for now. But did sneak a handful once and get the feeling might have to give a bit more respect Slipper clutch is a bit weird in terms of feeling the box change through the clutch lever
Chain is too loose and have to sort that before next time out - still a thing of beauty

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode