Challenge upper projector HID mod... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Challenge upper projector HID mod...

So I started working on wiring in my HID today... I learned a few things. I got everything working including the solenoid that makes the bi-xenon projector go from high to low beam. In order to get this to work I had to modify the handlebar switch a bit. I wanted the high/low beam button to work just like the flash to pass trigger did. In other words... when you pull the flash to pass trigger the low beam stays on. If you push the high/low beam button it turns off the low beam (always hated that).

In about 5 minutes you can modify your high/low beam switch so that low beam is always on and if you turn on high beam, you will have both high and low beam.

All you have to do is cut the black wire and solder it onto the same location as the red and green wire... done!

Without doing this when I would press the high/low beam button my relay would not get the feed it needs and it would shut the HID off. Now it stays on all the time and just the solenoid flips. Kinda hard to explain. Here are some pics so far:

I am just doing the wiring part right now so pay no attention to the safety wire supporting the projector... hahaha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 11:18 PM

New Site Garage
Great note on the wire jump for dual lights! I did this project a while back on the old 750 Brutie, but just used some drop-in bulbs like most other guys. Looks like you're using a whole new light assembly? Curious what brand/model that is... or am I nuts?!

- J.

WHAT'S THE WORST THAT CAN HAPPEN?!
'09 Brutale 1078RR
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, '05 Brutale S 750
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 01:03 AM Thread Starter

Thanks I wish I had figured out the dual headlights thing a long time ago.. its so much brighter with the high and low on.

You are correct I no longer have the stock headlight. I have a Brutale challege upper that i am fiberglassing a hole in to accept this bi-xenon projector. I have it wired up and its ready to go! I need to finish the fiberglass work and make a bracket that will support the new projector. This headlight is SOOOO bright. 4300K HID. Its no comparison to stock. It lights up my entire garage! More pics to come soon and it will make more sense
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 01:05 AM Thread Starter

Oh... The projectors are Morimoto Mini Bi-Xenons. You can check the out here:

http://store.theretrofitsource.com/p...e07588310822cb

I chose these because of their small size and features. I am only installing one.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 10:53 AM
CHB

Looks great! Will the high low beam wire fix work on the standard headlight?
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

Yup. If you do the mod and press the red button to turn on your high beam... the low will still stay on. Just like when you pull the trigger flash to pass button.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 03:26 PM

Great! I look forward to seeing a completed project.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 12:05 PM

New Site Garage
Hey spidi, did you end up with two lamps from the purchase? I might be willing to take on off your hands!

- J.

WHAT'S THE WORST THAT CAN HAPPEN?!
'09 Brutale 1078RR
, '05 Brutale S 750
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 09:51 PM
CHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidiracer View Post
Yup. If you do the mod and press the red button to turn on your high beam... the low will still stay on. Just like when you pull the trigger flash to pass button.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 10:35 PM Thread Starter

Sorry Uber I just bought one... Well I still have an Acura TL lamp projector but that is way too big to fit on the Brutale... I think it am going to put it into my Tacoma

The Retrofit source will sell you them single. I bought a wiring harness, projector, bulb and ballast from them for $140. And they gave me a free shroud.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode