big surprising wheelie - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

big surprising wheelie

Got the Brutale out of the shop for some warranty work, it had been in the shop for about three weeks. found a straight and thought i would do a big accekeration run. shifted from first lofting the front a little and accelerating, then shifted to third and punched it, front whel came up to about 60 degrees and held for just long enough to look down at the speedo. 98mph, no effort other than full throttle, amazing to me. I know it is possible to do much faster wheelies but the effort was so minimal it just surprised the hell out of me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 03:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
With just a 750???? I can gas the crap out of mine in 3rd and it just accelerates like a mad man.....granted, I've never been sitting upright....but that's fantastic to hear!!!!

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

the gas light was on this might have had something to do with the weight, but i am 185.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

and i have the mv corse header, mid pipe and eprom.
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 05:33 PM

Congrats!

Fun ain't it? Did a 4k crank on first on my totally stock 910 and it was spinning rear tire and lifting the front end, banged in 2nd and the front stayed where it was while still spinning the back wheel, went into third and and common sense kicked in when I glanced at the speedo!

Damn amazing how much grunt the 910 has. Positively brutale! Gotta love it!
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

Common Sense Is A Bitch Ain't It
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 08:17 PM

I've lifted the front off the ground several times in traffic, but to be honest the thought of a proper wheelie scares me. Do you guys practice holding a wheelie up or do you just get it up and down so fast that it doesn't matter?
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 08:31 PM

I promisse to provide detailed report on the wheelie subject once i get my speering damper. I am not too confident about wheelies without damper, but I already picked it up in second gear quite easily.

http://www.nothingtoxic.com/media/11...eelie_Accident

Stoppies are awesome with Brutale!!! brakes are very strong and easili modulated.
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks9mm
Can anyone explain the physics behind that f-up?
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearpixel
Can anyone explain the physics behind that f-up?

All i can say is that if you lend from wheelie with your front wheel anything other but straight, you risk your bike getting in to tankslapper.

Frames have some flexibility, designed to cancel out some forces, sometime it does not work and bike goes crazy.

example, is going in to Carousel turn 5 into 6 in NHIS. You are wide open on the gas over the hill, so frame gets loaded to one side and then you lend from the wheelie trying to counter bikes drift...result is a tankslapper.
unless you have steering damper to absorb those forces...

there was an article in the roadracing world few years back, explaining those things using Math and Physics that's a bit beyond me, but I gave you a summary above.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode