Joining the MV Club - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 04:05 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to brutaleluke
Joining the MV Club

Well, having ever so recently joined the MV Owners club; after lusting after a Brutale for the past 18months...here is my first post!

In settling on the best bike for me, I have postulated between Streetfighters, FZ1-N's Triumph S3's etc etc...

The bike gods prevailed...and a sweet 2006 silver and red Brutale landed in my grid square for a sweet price!! I am flying to the Gold Coast on the 12th March and riding the bike back to Sydney over 1 or 2 days...so a few questions...

What mileage are you lads/ladettes getting out of your 910's on the open road (not aggressive riding)?

Also, are there any bike shops on the gold coast anyone can recommend that I drop into before leaving the GC to pick up some goodies, like tank bag, draggin jeans etc?

Finally - if anyone is looking for a ride back from the GC to Sydney (or thereabouts) on the 12th March...feel free to come along!!

(p.s. it is an ABSOLUTE pleasure to be on this fourm, and be a proud MV owner!!)

BrutaleLuke

"A Tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 04:06 PM

Welcome Brad
and Congrats!

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to brutaleluke
Ciao fazer6, thanks...BTW, love the pushy pics in your gallery..sweet ride ;-)

As for the profile pic, yes that is my friend Brad, we were out riding one day, and he asked me to take a photo of him on the phone...phkin poser!

;-)

BrutaleLuke

"A Tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep"

Last edited by brutaleluke; 02-26-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 08:13 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Welcome Aboard!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-27-2010, 12:21 AM
Cyber SPOTTER

Welcome & Congrats, you are going to love Planet MV

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MVA - Maserati Vespa
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Agusta
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 05:15 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutaleluke View Post
...so a few questions...

What mileage are you lads/ladettes getting out of your 910's on the open road (not aggressive riding)?

(p.s. it is an ABSOLUTE pleasure to be on this fourm, and be a proud MV owner!!)
Welcome aboard Luke.

Average speed of 110 - 130km per hour, fuel warning comes on just shy of 200km - if you're just cruising back from GC back to Syd - and idling along at 110kph, I'd say you'll hit fuel warning around the 220km mark, on the 910 that's probably around the 5k rpm mark.....but be warned - you'll find the joys of getting those revs up far too much to just idle

congratulations !!

cheers

Tim
Current
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 910R - Track Bike
Harley-Davidson Street Glide Rushmore
Harley-Davidson Road Glide Rushmore

Past
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 990R LE Anniversary Edition #81/150
MV Agusta Brutale 750s
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutaleluke View Post
Well, having ever so recently joined the MV Owners club; after lusting after a Brutale for the past 18months...here is my first post!

In settling on the best bike for me, I have postulated between Streetfighters, FZ1-N's Triumph S3's etc etc...

The bike gods prevailed...and a sweet 2006 silver and red Brutale landed in my grid square for a sweet price!! I am flying to the Gold Coast on the 12th March and riding the bike back to Sydney over 1 or 2 days...so a few questions...

Also, are there any bike shops on the gold coast anyone can recommend that I drop into before leaving the GC to pick up some goodies, like tank bag, draggin jeans etc?

Finally - if anyone is looking for a ride back from the GC to Sydney (or thereabouts) on the 12th March...feel free to come along!!

Congrats Brutale Luke.
I got a near new 910R from the GC in January (see my earlier threads). They delivered it home to me in Sydney. I went on a long ride from Sydney to Emerald Beach, north of Coffs in Jan, the long way via inland route and back the quick way (mostly boring highway). Had a cuzz visiting from France on my other mount, a BMWK1200R. We rode mostly within legal speed limits and I was amazed at the fuel economy of the Brute, having had a 750S previously. It was identical to the Beemer. I never saw the fuel warning light, even after 230km or so. I figured I would have done nearly 300km on a tank. Different story around town or at the track though...

You will find that the rock hard seat is painful on a long ride. Best investment I made was to buy an AirHawke seat cushion from a bloke in SA, http://www.airhawkguy.com.au/.
I ordered it over the phone, had it 2 days later by post. Small Pillion for A$159 is a perfect fit for the Brute pilot seat and makes a huge difference to the state of your derriere.

Cheers and enjoy the ride.

Now riding KTM 1290SA; previously BMW K1200R, Brute 910R, Brute750S, BMWR1150GS, Honda VFR800, YamahaXJ650, Honda400/4, HondaCB360 and more
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 02:58 AM
Established Member

Congrats !!

I've only just purchased a 910R & like you, it's my very first dance wih the devil.....
It's a brilliant bit of machinery, you'll love every corner, I know I am.....
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_t View Post
Congrats !!

I've only just purchased a 910R & like you, it's my very first dance wih the devil.....
It's a brilliant bit of machinery, you'll love every corner, I know I am.....
Too right

Now riding KTM 1290SA; previously BMW K1200R, Brute 910R, Brute750S, BMWR1150GS, Honda VFR800, YamahaXJ650, Honda400/4, HondaCB360 and more
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 06:01 AM
Welcome, I bet that first ride home is a hoot!

Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode