mirrors... oh not again! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

mirrors... oh not again!

I have been planning on a set of Rizoma limit mirrors for the 1078 for a while and am going to enquire about them tomorrow, however I note on their website that they have convex 'blue' glass?. Just how blue is it? and are they the way to go. I definitely don't want bar end mirrors and want something close to the stock mirrors....that actually work. These rizoma mirrors are expensive but if they do the business I think I'll get them. Sorry to cover old ground guys as I know this has been discussed before, many times. But the blue glass?? What do ya think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 06:25 PM

It's blue like BMW's are blue--It's designed to filter out the blue tint of HID headlights which are much more common in Europe than the US. I actually think it improves the look of the mirror.

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 09:29 PM
Established Member

I am happy with my naked radial mirrors. They look pretty close to stock (keeping with the original design), but are much more rigid, so less affected by the vibration. You do have to peek under your arm though to see straight back, something that is unnecessary with the CRG bar ends that are on my Hyper. I would still buy them again even with that in mind. Maybe the convex takes care of that issue. Rizomas are a top quality product so at least you get what you pay for...so worth it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 09:49 PM

The blue is minimal, and I agree with Faze- better than OEM
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
I am happy with my naked radial mirrors. They look pretty close to stock (keeping with the original design), but are much more rigid, so less affected by the vibration. You do have to peek under your arm though to see straight back, something that is unnecessary with the CRG bar ends that are on my Hyper. I would still buy them again even with that in mind. Maybe the convex takes care of that issue. Rizomas are a top quality product so at least you get what you pay for...so worth it.

What about these Problem solved
Attached Images

post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys that's reassuring that the 'blue' isn't over the top. Got a price from the only importer in UK ...'Moore sport racing'...£290 delivered, for the pair plus the adapter kit to mount them. Does that sound about right??. I said I'd get back to him on Monday to confirm if I wanted them. Just wanted to check what you guys think about them and the price before I committed myself as they are expensive!. I did fancy the mirrors on that really blinged up Brutale 1078 from Taiwan featured here recently but don't know who makes them. Having said that as the 'limits' look close to stock I'm happy enough.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 10:19 PM

I very much like my Rizoma's, and I really like how the blue tint adds another cool element to the mirrors appearance. They work very well, as I now have a clear view of what is rapidly disappearing behind me...instead of my elbows in the OEM mirrors. Yes, they are pricy...but they are top quality pieces. There's a few photos of mine in my album.

Barry
08 Brutale 910S, 11 BMW K1300S
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-27-2010, 02:02 AM

Hey BGWELLS,
just before you buy, i suggest you have a look at Demon Tweeks site, i recently bought Fast Bike magazine and they had one of their catalogs attached to it, in it i found quite a large selection of mirrors. I have the Rizoma bar end mirrors which ran at nearly teh same price, they are top quality but they also should be for that price. anyway in the catalog i found a set of near identical mirrors to the ones i have for 30 quid each!!! that is a bloody HUGE saving, i wish i had seen them before i bought mine!!
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Yeah thanks Sidney I had a look on the demon tweeks site and seen those bar end mirrors you mentioned. However couldn't see anything like the mirrors I'm looking for so I guess it'll be the expensive route for me!. Which is preferable...the rizoma 'limit' or 'radial' mirrors? I notice the limit ones have a little more adjust ability and the radial ones are a little more streamlined...but can you see outa them as well?? Personal preference I suppose but I'd be interested in your thoughts.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 03:14 PM

Go for the Limits.

Bike History:
'88 Ninja 250 > '92 GSXR-600 > '01 YZF-R1 > '06 Brutale + '07 Customized VTX-1300

Last edited by dumbcomputers; 03-01-2010 at 03:17 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode