HID install on brutale - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-18-2010, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

HID install on brutale

Hey I was looking to take on the project of putting hid low beam in my bike this weekend. I have seen various posts on here saying that drilling the housing is necessary. Is there anyone that has done an install along these lines that would be able to offer some advice or pictures that would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 11:43 AM
Established Member

I did this a few months back, I can send more pictures later, but you can see some here:

http://mvagusta.net/forum/showpost.p...8&postcount=22

I drilled a fairly small hole below the headlight connector, with teh intention that water doesn't drip into the housing(hole is facing down).

Couple more pix in the gallery.

http://gallery.mvagusta.net/cnegron/brutalehid/

Last edited by cnegron; 02-22-2010 at 11:48 AM.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thats perfect thats exactly what I was looking for! How did you snake the wire back through the seat was that fairly simple? And where did you get that little running light looks pretty good much better then stock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

They also look like rizoma track 77 front blinkers that I have as well very cool.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-24-2010, 02:11 PM
Established Member

We just installed the HID low beam yesterday along with the rizoma turn signals...where did you source the parking light LED? The stock one really detracts from the nice color of the HID.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-24-2010, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Codered how did the install go? Was there anything to look out for. What did you use to drill the light housing?
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-24-2010, 06:12 PM
Established Member

It isn't that difficult, but I had a friend from this forum that had already done it before, so that made it much easier. The housing is just plastic so no big deal with drilling it at all. You may have to modify the bulb housing to make it work in the stock fitting too. The ballast, etc needs to be tucked into the windshield, but we got it in there really tight with zip ties and it looks great. The color and brightness of the headlight is much much better, but now the stock parking light stands out like a bit of a sore thumb. Apparently, there is a source for an LED parking light, I just need to find it...so if anyone knows please pass along that info, then it will be perfect. I would recommend doing it for sure.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-24-2010, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Ok sounds great what do you mean by moding the bulb housing? did you need to do that?
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-24-2010, 07:09 PM
Established Member

The HID light came in a clear plastic housing that needs to be taken off to fit the stock fitting. The top portion of the housing screws right off, but the bottom piece needs to be deleted somehow (broken off), so that it can attach to the headlamp. This may vary by the HID light. I dont mean to make it sound harder than it really is, not a big deal just a little time consuming. It had already been done to the actual HID that we installed from another bike..but the "spare" bulb we have now would still need to be fitted that same way too if ever needed. I was told that both of them came from an automotive kit, as a pair. PM if you need more info and I will point you in the right direction. GL.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-24-2010, 07:54 PM
Established Member

Not the greatest pics since they are from my phone in an unlit garage...but give you sense for the color of the light etc.
Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode