Potential Owner Questions & Guidance - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
Potential Owner Questions & Guidance

Hello all,

I am a new member, looking at possibly acquiring my first MV, however, before I possibly dive into a less than ideal purchase, I figured it would be wise to ask you some questions!

I've spent a good amount of time lurking/searching the forum, and found answers to most of my questions thus far. So my main question focuses on a specific bike I've found.

I have located a '04 Brutale 750 in Red with just over 8,000 miles.
It is for sale through a local dealership for an asking price of ~$7500. It is in immaculate condition, and appears to have been very well cared for.

The price seems a bit high to me given the age & mileage, but I do not see these bikes for sale often in my local area. (Northeast part of the USA) Does this seem to be on par with regular asking prices for a bike that is 6 years old? I realize they are not prone to the standard depreciation of mass produced Japanese bikes, however it still seems a bit high? I don't mind spending the money, as long as I know I'm not throwing it away foolishly. I have a boat to do that with!

Are there other avenue's/places I should be looking for these bikes?

Any help and guidance is appreciated!
-Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 10:24 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
He's been trying to sell that bike at that price for months. Dealer in NH right?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 10:39 AM

I just purchased an '04 Brutale matte black from an mv dealer in Los Angeles with 4600 miles for $55xx + tax and fees in excellent condition about 2 weeks ago. From the limited time I have been searching it looks like spending a little more ($1500-2500) would get you a newer model (2006 and up) with lower miles. Does the bike you are looking at have any upgrades that you are going to spend money on or is it stock? Just getting the minor upgrades (damper, sliders, plate relocator, mirrors, etc will cost you over $1k) I would spend a little more and get a newer model at the $7500 price range (I wrote the check right away when I was offered one for my price before even hearing it start). If you are patient you should be able to find one at a good price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
He's been trying to sell that bike at that price for months. Dealer in NH right?
Exactly. I've watched it sit there for quite some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaymondlee View Post
I just purchased an '04 Brutale matte black from an mv dealer in Los Angeles with 4600 miles for $55xx + tax and fees in excellent condition about 2 weeks ago. From the limited time I have been searching it looks like spending a little more ($1500-2500) would get you a newer model (2006 and up) with lower miles. Does the bike you are looking at have any upgrades that you are going to spend money on or is it stock? Just getting the minor upgrades (damper, sliders, plate relocator, mirrors, etc will cost you over $1k) I would spend a little more and get a newer model at the $7500 price range (I wrote the check right away when I was offered one for my price before even hearing it start). If you are patient you should be able to find one at a good price.
Bone stock, sans bar end mirrors.

It seems based on both of your replies my initial hunch that this specific bike was over-priced. Glad to know my instincts weren't totally off. Thank you!

Is keeping my eye on the classifieds here one of the better ways to find one?

Thank you again for the thoughts,
-Chris
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 10:46 AM
Don't buy the girls bike! Get a F4

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...…..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 10:55 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherL View Post
Exactly. I've watched it sit there for quite some time.

Bone stock, sans bar end mirrors.

It seems based on both of your replies my initial hunch that this specific bike was over-priced. Glad to know my instincts weren't totally off. Thank you!

Is keeping my eye on the classifieds here one of the better ways to find one?

Thank you again for the thoughts,
-Chris
Ignore purchase advise from F4 owners. Especially those that are selling their F4s.

Yes keep your eye on the classifieds here. You might also post a WTB there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode