Trying to decide... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

Trying to decide...

I saw a 06 Brutale 910 S that a dealer in town just took in on trade. It looks like brand new, and should with only 1,079 miles on it. i'm having a hard time saying no, but want to know what you guys think is a reasonable offer. I dont know a whole lot about the bike but know it would be more fun and cheaper to drive than my truck. Thanks for the input!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 04:13 PM

How much experience do you have?

I suggest going through the threads here, as there is plenty of information, rider impressions etc before getting in the Brutale.... lots to learn about it on the threads.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 05:43 PM

Welcome!

Is this your first bike? If so, no, don't buy a Brutale, we want to see you around for a while.
Buy something much tamer to learn on and get the MV when you're ready (>10k miles).

It will only save money IF you sell your truck; Cheaper to operate yes, but if you're still paying all the major expenses for the car/truck (note, ins, etc) the 'savings' from the bike will not be actualized--Doesn't mean it isn't worth it for other reasons, but you're kidding yourself that it's going to save money.

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 12:16 PM
Established Member

Good advice here! It is not a toy.... If you do test drive, Do take it to a Straight road and bring up the RPM's, to at least 10K (NOT IN FIRST GEAR!). I'd suggest 3rd or 4th gear full throttle! If you don't C'hit your pants, buy it.....

I have a BMW F650GS for commuting, and off-roading, ABS and 70 MPG.

Be safe,
MikeC

MikeCgaz
2006 910S Brutale MV Agusta waaa hooo
2002 916 S4 Ducati Monster
2003 BMW F650GS
2003 Honda XR200

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by MikeCgaz; 02-09-2010 at 12:18 PM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses guys...I'll start by saying it would not be my first bike. I race motocross, been riding since i was 16, mainly a harley ultra classic the last couple years (15,000 last year, not bad for WI) and a yamaha prior. I was standing in the service department when the tech was looking at it and the throttle response was amazing. It caught my eye and i decided to do some research. Not a common bike in my area so that's why i'm kinda wondering on a price. Anyways still having gotten the answer i was looking for. But like i said thanks for the responses. Oh and the truck isn't a concern at all. just dont like putting so many miles on it going back and forth to work.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 01:20 PM

Search threads by CAG. He deals in parts and has a realistic and knowledgable view of current values. I think he will say 7K or less. My dealer told me a used bike above 6K is hard to finance. Of course, we were discussing a trade for the 1078 so he was likely lowballing me.

MV Ultra Take the ride!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 03:38 PM

GET THE BIKE! These days the market is rough on the 910s I would say a good offer might start as low as 9k but once you see 11k thats about it. Look on ebay. Dont sweat the bike so much. The 910r is one of the most spirited of the Bruties, but its not a balloistic missle like so many people seem to think. Its the perfect short commute bar to bar brawler. How long is your commute. There is some to be learned about the bike but I can sum up the critical aspects... Watch the headlight cause it will fall off but you CAN protect yourself. GET THE CASE GUARDS!!!! Especially the one in the front man, I got pics of the damage you reap from ignoring that one. GET SLIDERS MAN! Cause you should and you know it. Lastly, pull lots of wheelies and raise hell. The bike is an evil little machine and kinda the last of the breed right up there with the 1078. Dont get a training wheels bike. GET THE BIKE IF YOU WANT IT CAUSE ITS A BLAST!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 07:17 PM

How much are they asking for??

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode