Update on my bike - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-19-2006, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy Update on my bike

So,

as you all know my new Brutale 750 with 40 miles on it developed some serious oil leaks and dealer took the bike back for repairs..

Today, dealer said that they fixed some of the oil leaks, but found more problems with one of the cylinders misfiring ?!?!?!?!

They will talk to Agusta on Monday and ask for a replacement bike... or something of that sort...

I am super pissed, becase I took vacaton from work so I could enjoy my new bike... what a bummer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-19-2006, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks9mm
So,

as you all know my new Brutale 750 with 40 miles on it developed some serious oil leaks and dealer took the bike back for repairs..

Today, dealer said that they fixed some of the oil leaks, but found more problems with one of the cylinders misfiring ?!?!?!?!

They will talk to Agusta on Monday and ask for a replacement bike... or something of that sort...

I am super pissed, becase I took vacaton from work so I could enjoy my new bike... what a bummer
Unreal is about all I can say to that, good luck getting a replacement bike.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-19-2006, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Sorry to hear that, there must be some serious problems if they already talk about a replacement.

I hope it starts raining in your area so its not that hard on you.

Keep us posted!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-19-2006, 10:13 AM
Established Member

Quote:
So,

You deserve a new bike out of this deal. Hang in there.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-19-2006, 10:16 AM

Your new bike that sat for two years, was it in the crate? or was it on the show room floor after being run. It may have sat for two years with a wet cylender. As for the oil leaks that does not sound rite at all. If they want to get you a new(er) bike, on the bright side you may end up with an 06 or 07 . And if no 750s are not available a new 910. But anyway it sounds like your dealor wants to do everything to make you a satisfide costomer and without that you got a big problem Good luck with the outcome and now that you had a taste of the Brutale it`s going to be even tuffer of a wait

Chris
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-19-2006, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

Thank you all!!!

i guess it's time to throw some street plastic back on my R6 and go for a ride... to get my mind of things..

it's not a Brutale... but will do for now.
Attached Images

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-19-2006, 11:32 AM

That sucks, but sounds like the dealer is going to bat for you. Hang in there. I think everyone has had the coolant leak, but Havent heard of any oil leaks. My 750 would creep twords 230 temp, but then it would back down, and Im in FL. Good luck.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-19-2006, 03:04 PM
Pimp of posts

Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
you better get a new bike
there really is NO OTHER solution

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-19-2006, 03:13 PM
sorry mate, keep your head up
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 08:32 AM

any news?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode